News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

General Pokémon Mystery Dungeon

Started by K-NiGhT, June 18, 2015, 08:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitro Indigo

Speaking of which, has anyone else noticed that it takes ages for the characters to say things in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon? I realised this when I was playing Spirit Tracks a while ago; the mid-game cutscene plot twist only lasts about three minutes, while PMD's cutscenes usually last around five, and have a lot of characters standing around and repeating each other, with lots of ellipses.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

K-NiGhT

That's very true. I hate how when the player explains something to everyone, they repeat it word for word. That doesn't happen in normal conversation.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

cashwarrior1

Lol, I like how they put my thoughts in text, then other characters immediately know what I was thinking about.

K-NiGhT

I don't see what's so hard about giving the player a little dialogue. I'm pretty sure they did it at least semi-frequently in Gates.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

K-NiGhT

Nitro Indigo

One page for each Pokémon as of 2005.

I'm planning on making an It Doesn't Make Sense video about Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon. Once I've finished the script, would anyone like me to PM it to them to give me ways to improve it?

Pokémon Super Duper Mystery Dungeon 64 Advance DS Wii 3D Portable U for WonderSwan HD
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

TheDreamingHawk

I worked on this damn video for ten months of my life and survived Development Hell. I hope you enjoy this amateur retrospective.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Nitro Indigo

^ I've started watching that, but I don't have a lot of time.

Speaking of YouTube videos...

cashwarrior1

What the heck? Why does explorers have to be a good game that I am not able to play!? These 3 games sound like they're the best of all the games, they sound like they have really cool dungeons and I want to play it!

mikey

they were okay.  I found them really difficult and it was hard to figure out how to progress, but the story was pretty good and I was always excited when the game decided I was done grinding
unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

Why can't you play them? Explorers of Sky is on Wii U Virtual Console, by the way.

cashwarrior1

Because I don't have a wii u, I can't emulate things, and I don't have DS that can play gameboy games  :'(

Altissimo