News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Pokémon Sword and Shield

Started by Bobbythekid21, February 27, 2019, 10:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splatoon Inkling

Quote from: LeviR.star on February 28, 2019, 10:46:16 AMWell then! Bobby should be ashamed...

You had one simple task, and you failed.

Bad sarcasm plz don't hurt me

Joking aside, I agree with Slow about the Let's Go! controls. The whole game was great new experience for me compared to the time I played Blue Version, but I was annoyed at how I couldn't use my Pro Controller.
I'm woefully mourning!

Bobbythekid21

I wasn't using my phone just FYI when I saw the message on my computer I just copied and pasted the é from slow's post (I'm on my phone now.)
333,331 is a prime number.
Spoiler
Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 24, 2019, 01:03:24 PM
Well, I'll just stick around for now and be helpful.
I'm gonna hold myself to it by constantly reminding myself of it.
[close]

Splatoon Inkling

Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 28, 2019, 12:47:53 PMI wasn't using my phone just FYI when I saw the message on my computer I just copied and pasted the é from slow's post (I'm on my phone now.)
I use my phone for about 90% of the times I come on Ninsheetmusic, but right now I'm using one of my laptops.

Splatoon Inkling

Even I'm ashamed! Why Bobby! Why!

cashwarrior1

I've never played pokemon go because I knew it wasn't my type of pokemon game.
Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 27, 2019, 08:36:41 PMthe first Pokémon game ever that I couldn't force through.
What the heck is that supposed to mean?

Dudeman

I'd assume it means it's the first game he couldn't stomach his distaste for and finish anyway. I've seen such split opinions on Let's Go that I honestly have no idea what's actually good and what's actually bad about it.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

That's basically it. I played to the fourth gym and didn't have any desire to keep going, which has just never happened with a Pokémon game before.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

cashwarrior1

Ah okay, that makes sense. Also, people's opinions are very varied. My brother, who claims he's only played red/blue/yellow (though I'm pretty sure he's played gold/silver), said that he liked Let's Go way better than the main gameplay of pokemon. The main reason is because he liked being able to avoid wild encounters and see what pokemon he might encounter. I think there are different aspects that people focus on when they decide whether or not they like the game.

It looks interesting. :)
I'm not intending to skip generations though, and I have yet to get Crystal... as a kid, my parents didn't like Pokémon, so I only got Pokémon Blue for myself when I turned 18, less than 2 years ago. I did enjoy it, though! But I haven't played it much after beating the Elite Four.
Anyway, a friend of mine thinks Pokémon is a dead cow by now, but I doubt it. I think that if it is done right, there can be another popular Pokémon game.

cashwarrior1

Quote from: 607 on March 02, 2019, 08:30:12 AMI think that if it is done right, there can be another popular Pokémon game.
Well, every pokemon game is popular by default. But in terms of mainstream popularity, that pokemon game was pokemon Go (and somewhat pokemon Let's Go), and those games were no where near to being "done right." So I think it has more to do with the intended audience than how the game is done. (A lot of people who liked early pokemon days liked it simply for the experience that they had with playing the game with friends, and that isn't something that you can recreate as easily now-a-days.

JDMEK5

I honestly thoroughly enjoyed Let's Go, but I went into it expecting a different kind of experience. I accepted it as it was as much as I objectively assessed it (not a good procedure for a review) but overall I had a great time with it. It also probably helped that Shota Kageyama did virtually all the music which made me incredibly happy (Slow may remember that of all the composers Pokémon has ever had, he was my favorite until he went indie).

Back to Pokémon Sword and Shield though, I'll have to leave my full rant here later but in short I think it's gonna be the first game that I flat out don't buy. While there are a bunch of big reasons, not surprisingly the biggest is probably the lack of the national dex. Solid discussion about the topic exists on YouTube if you want to dig into that further but in short, I'm frankly not really buying the reasons that Jun'ichi Masuda gave us. On top of that, the box legends look like burning garbage (how many dog/cat-inspired legends do we have already anyways?), mega evolutions and Z moves are gone completely (I could care less about the Z moves tbh but I was just really getting used to megas), we get this dumbass dynamax crap which is literally just "omg giant pokemon are obviously stronger so lets just make them big". The new pokemon designs from what I've seen look solid, but the more we got overall the more and more uneasy I got until I was almost on the fence considering actually not getting either- till the announcement about the national dex pushed me over the line. Pokémon Home my ass.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

cashwarrior1

Plus, you don't absolutely need the game. You can always replay the older games. I, personally, am not affected by any of the reasons you listed, because I just like the core game in general. Like, no matter what they do to the game, as long as I can catch and train up pokemon, I'm satisfied. I find my joy in pokemon through multiple playthroughs and just going through the experience of raising up my pokemon.

JDMEK5

For me, just about everything I love about the Pokémon games exists in the post-story, and all stems from the complete pokédex. The core story of the game is a bonus adventure to enjoy with pokémon but doesn't comprise the meat of what I really love about it. The stories are memorable- don't get me wrong- and I love them, but to shut down the post story basically forfeits my real incentive to participate.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

cashwarrior1

I can understand that, it's extremely satisfying to be able to obtain and use pokemon found outside the games and all that other jazz.

mikey

0000 0000 4K74 P8

card code!  Who knows what they're for!?
unmotivated