News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

General Pokémon Mystery Dungeon

Started by K-NiGhT, June 18, 2015, 08:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 18, 2015, 07:55:58 AMHonestly for as much love as that series has on this website, I don't think it's out of the question to have a general Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series thread.

So, this can be where we discuss the series as a whole, seeing as a lot of us love these games. Also, if you're going to join me on my quest to play all of the games again, you can post your progress here!

"Friendly friends! Always do your best!"
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Latios212

I love this series way too much where do I even start

What's the most difficult dungeon you've completed?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Hero of Trains

I already played all of the games about a month ago, so I probably won't do it again so soon after.

The hardest dungeon I completed... I have no idea. :P

Yoom-tah!
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

K-NiGhT

Well I finally managed to find and pick up a copy of Gates to Infinity. As for the challenge, I started with Blue Rescue Team last night. The quiz decided I would become a Machop, and I decided to have a Treecko for my partner because headcanon dictates it.

Bespinben

Quote from: Latios212 on June 18, 2015, 08:40:49 AMWhat's the most difficult dungeon you've completed?

We all know hands-down it's:

BURIED RELIC

Quote from: K-NiGhT on June 18, 2015, 09:52:49 AMWell I finally managed to find and pick up a copy of Gates to Infinity. As for the challenge, I started with Blue Rescue Team last night. The quiz decided I would become a Machop, and I decided to have a Treecko for my partner because headcanon dictates it.
You're going to love it. Oh, I can't wait to ask you all sorts of questions once you get the juicy parts of the game!!!

In other news, I'm now fully convinced that I will now never finish any of my PMD arranging projects (PMD1 [75 tracks], PMD2+Sky [141 tracks], PMDGtI [110 tracks], and now SuperPMD [super-sized OST no doubt]).

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

SlowPokemon

Fuck Buried Relic! It was cruel to make a dungeon that difficult be so easy to trigger directly after the game's ending, and not being able to advance the story until it's completed.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

K-NiGhT

There is now a poll up! Tell us what you became during the first Mystery Dungeon adventure!

SlowPokemon

I vividly remember getting picked as Psyduck my first game, which in retrospect was such a weird choice for a starter.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

So my Game Card got popped out of the DSi last night, so I lost all of my progress on BRT .__. I was already through Mt. Steel! Well, I guess this means I could work backwards and play through Gates first. I decided to become Pikachu with an Axew partner. Right now I'm about to go through Desolate Canyon. The game looks nice and plays pretty well. I especially like the fact that you can go explore outside of the normal dungeon crawling gameplay. Only problem I have with the game so far is that it is extremely slow paced. There's no option for faster text, either, so that compounds the issue.

Bespinben

Quote from: K-NiGhT on June 18, 2015, 01:02:41 PMI especially like the fact that you can go explore outside of the normal dungeon crawling gameplay.
^^^This is one of my favorite new features to dungeon explorations. Later on there's even puzzles in the "outside" dungeons.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

K-NiGhT

Wait...you can only take one job at a time? That's kinda silly.

Latios212

Spoiler
Am I the only One who didn't have trouble with this? I beat 4 out of the 5 Zero Isles in Explorers but South is just no...

Quote from: K-NiGhT on June 18, 2015, 01:52:57 PMWait...you can only take one job at a time? That's kinda silly.
this is why I lost motivation playing missions to obtain the highest rank :/

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: K-NiGhT on June 18, 2015, 01:52:57 PMWait...you can only take one job at a time? That's kinda silly.

Yeah, one of the odd flaws about this game. Makes sense for the boss battle area but not for the dungeons. Still is a good game though IMO.

As for the slower text, it didn't really bother me that much, likely because I played Ys Book I and II before starting up GTI for the first time. Ys had REALLY slow text in comparison. Seriously, the ending of part II takes longer than it needs to be because there is a lot of text to have to go through and you can't speed it up. I didn't mind it in GTI that much because at least I loved hearing what everyone had to say and I thought it enriched the experience.

Quote from: Bespinben on June 18, 2015, 09:58:43 AMBURIED RELIC

That dungeon made eight year old me very frustrated. Somehow made it to around floor 89 before breaking the music box and fainting to a stupid monster house. The Lava Area where Entei resides is also very infuriating.

So in terms of a super hard dungeon I actually did complete... I think the Kyogre Dungeon in RRT, because in GTI the AI develops incredibly cheap team skills, (But so can I!) and Explorers had no rewards for completing Zero Isle so I didn't bother.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Latios212

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on June 18, 2015, 02:06:08 PMExplorers had no rewards for completing Zero Isle so I didn't bother.
I can understand some of them not being worth the work but North had a Golden Mask, Wonder Chest, and TWO Wonder Gummis... deeeelicious

Spoiler
[close]
turtle