Game: Super Mario RPG
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Fight Against an Armed Boss
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Gmanhoffman

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

Sebastian

Very Impressive for a first arrangement! You did a great job :)
There were only a few things I had a problem with.
Here is the fixed version for you
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wlrg4tm8bfwhxr5/Super%20Mario%20RPG%20-%20Fight%20an%20Armed%20Boss.mus?dl=0

Things I fixed:
- I added quite a few more articulation throughout that I believe makes the piece. Such as staccatos and whatnot.
- You were missing a few notes here and there which I added.
- I messed with the formatting a little to make it slicker and changed the playback a tad :P
- You were almost spot on with the bass except for a few parts where you had a couple wrong notes. Fixed that.
-Only other thing was the first 2 measures. You have the bass which is in the next few measures which isn't in the first 2 measures in the original.....but decided to keep it cause there are only drums playing in the first 2 measures. Maybe someone else has an idea for this?

All in all great job! Hope to see more from you! :)

Brawler4Ever

How's this for a start? I removed the first measure entirely and removed the bass of the second from MLF's version. It starts with just the pick up line and continues like normal. The repeat is created at the end when the bass is present, whereas in the beginning of the song it's not.

All it needs is for the pick up line to be shortened to an invisible 1/4. I am able to do this, but it would cause much greater problems in the long run (removal of measure numbers, formatting, and accurate staff measurements).

I dunno. Just throwing out ideas. :)
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Sebastian

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on June 14, 2015, 09:21:15 PMHow's this for a start? I removed the first measure entirely and removed the bass of the second from MLF's version. It starts with just the pick up line and continues like normal. The repeat is created at the end when the bass is present, whereas in the beginning of the song it's not.
Great!
I actually like your idea better! Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wlrg4tm8bfwhxr5/Super%20Mario%20RPG%20-%20Fight%20an%20Armed%20Boss.mus?dl=0

flygon9

Thanks guys! I was actually considering cued notes for an optional percussion part for the first two measures, but A: that seemed kinda unconventional for this site, and B: I don't know how to do jack with notepad. (as I have previously noted on this site, I am a hardcore musescore user :P) But thanks for editing it; it really needed the fixes :)

Sebastian

flygon9

Although I do think that either measure 29 or 30 should be deleted because the bass line only goes 2 measures beyond the triplet measure. (If that made any sense)

Brawler4Ever

Good call.

I deleted measure 31. As flygon said, the interlude was one measure too long.

flygon9

Bespinben

After going through your other arrangement and being thoroughly impressed, I knew I was going to have to dig extra hard to find an error in this one. Behold!

*M. 23-24 ~ The F# should be Gb!
(and you forgot the pickles!)

*M. 25 ~ The Gb in the RH should be F# to match up with the LH. Just remember to naturalize the following F.

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

flygon9

Done! And while I was thrilled and excited that you were impressed, (especially considering that it's YOU,) it's worth noting out that what you see there is largely the result of mariolegofan and brawler4ever, so I can't take all of the credit.

Brawler4Ever

This isn't the first time that I've tried helping and created more problems than solutions. 8)

Tobbeh99

Why not put measure 29-30 at the beginning instead of in the end? They work great as "intro measures" as a substitute for the drum intro. And after that put a repeat sing in the end of measure 28.

Measures 15-16, 19-20, 21-22,23-24, the perfect way of writing that would be like this:
But I don't know how you do that in finale  :-\.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Brawler4Ever

What you're suggesting, Tobbeh, was in the original submission by Gman. And it's completely acceptable. The concern was that the song starts with just drums and no bass. The current version is more consistent; the left hand takes up only the bass and never the drums. The bass is present in the interlude, just before the song repeats, so it makes sense to put the repeat there, with the bass being present alongside the pickup line.

Also, I should point out, the measure numbers are off by one. This is probably because I deleted the first measure. My bad. :P