[GBC] The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages & Oracle of Seasons - "Horon Village" (Replacement) by Don

Started by Zeta, June 09, 2015, 03:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages & Oracle of Seasons
Console: Game Boy Color
Title: Horon Village
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Don Valentino

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

DonValentino

Tobbeh99

Really solid arrangement the only things I think you could edit are:
measure 6: maybe put a slur on all the notes.
last measure: the arpeggiated chord symbol is a bit far away from the chord, make it closer.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Bespinben

Notes seem kinda squished together right now with 8 measures per system. I figure if you got a whole page, why not use it? So... maybe 4 systems with 4 measures each...
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

DonValentino

Well if you imagine a 4/4 it is in 2 systems with 4 measures each, so I thought that it wouldn't look too cluttered. 4-4 looks like too much to me for a piece that only consists of quarters and eighths, but if you really think it should be that way I'll change it.

Echo

Neat, getting a huge nostalgia trip with this tune! There are some notes that should be corrected though. In measures 13 and 14, those 'D's should be 'C's, and in measure 16, that 'C' in the chord should be dropped to an 'F' note. Personally, I'd also make both hands play staccato in measures 13 and 14 too.

DonValentino

Agreed on everything, except the last chord. I've checked again the song at 0.25 speed, and I'm 99.99% sure it is A-C-F.

Thank you! :J

Bespinben

After consulting with Olimar, 8 per system will work just fine. I was also convinced by your reasoning of "if 4/4 and 4 measures". I would personally like if you would size down the page by just 1 or 2 percent if you keep it as 8 per system, just to give a teency-weency more room for the notes.

Reviewing the articulation to include staccato where applicable would be wise also.

One more thought -- just noticed your right page margin is really small. I'll leave that up to you, since you kinda need as much space as you can get, but I would say try to balance it out between the left and right margins.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

DonValentino

Quote from: Bespinben on June 13, 2015, 11:11:48 AMReviewing the articulation to include staccato where applicable would be wise also.

One more thought -- just noticed your right page margin is really small. I'll leave that up to you, since you kinda need as much space as you can get, but I would say try to balance it out between the left and right margins.

Got it, should be updated in a sec.

Edit: Updated the margins and changed a couple of articulations. On the other hand, I think it doesn't need more staccatos aside from those which tobbeh pointed out.

Zeta