[SNES] Kirby Super Star - "Meta Knight's Revenge (The Halberd)" (Replacement)

Started by Maelstrom, June 04, 2015, 07:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dekkadeci

...Sorry, all the A# minor segments gave me bad flashbacks of the time I tried composing in A# minor (in a B major piece) and things started getting downright unreadable. Put it this way: I ended up writing a B# major chord at one point and a E# major chord at another. That's what I mean by hard-to-read secondary dominants.

Even though I think Bars 11-14 are in E minor and, likewise, Bars 27-30 are in F minor, I'd rather wipe out all the key signatures at those points. In fact, it would be interesting if the entire piece had a blank key signature (loads of classical music pieces do not change key signature with each key change, such as Beethoven's Appassionata and Waldstein sonatas).

Something about Bar 18 doesn't quite sound right, even though the rhythm is correct. ...It's probably the melody notes.

Latios212

I didn't finalize the key signatures yet, I've just completed my transcription. Though, yes, I didn't change the keysig at measures 11-14 and 27-30. I wouldn't put the whole thing blank because 23-34 are transpositions of the other sections a half step up.

I wrote measure 18 like that because it's probably not really possible to play five consecutive 16th note chords at this speed.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber