[NDS] Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth 2 - "Bonds: A Believing Heart" by Echo

Started by Zeta, May 25, 2015, 09:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth 2
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Bonds: A Believing Heart
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Echo

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maelstrom

SO MUCH YES.

And that 1-measure key change is really unnecessary. Accidentals will suffice for one measure.

Bespinben

Never heard this before but....
...one listen, and....
the feels
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

blueflower999

Quote from: Bespinben on May 25, 2015, 09:22:09 PMNever heard this before but....
...one listen, and....
the feels
You're imagining it playing at the end of PMD2 aren't you
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Bespinben

FireArrow

Measure 3: I think that's a D augmented chord so spell it with an A#. Same with measure 12.
Measure 28: That's a G diminished 7 chord so: C# -> Db and E natural -> Fb.

Take that with a grain of salt. :3
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Bespinben

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 25, 2015, 09:14:32 PMAnd that 1-measure key change is really unnecessary. Accidentals will suffice for one measure.
Yes. Keep measure 23 in F until m. 24. You have successive major 7ths planning down by whole tones (Fmaj7, Ebmaj7, Dbmaj7), and then it suddenly shift to a G7 at m. 24 leading into the C major section.

Quote from: FireArrow on May 26, 2015, 03:25:06 PMMeasure 3: I think that's a D augmented chord so spell it with an A#. Same with measure 12.
Yes.

Quote from: FireArrow on May 26, 2015, 03:25:06 PMMeasure 28: That's a G diminished 7 chord so: C# -> Db and E natural -> Fb.
Salt taken. Equally arguable as C#dim7 (inverted), which would make sense considering the following chord's root is D (vii/ii --> ii).

Echo

Thanks for the tips guys.

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 25, 2015, 09:14:32 PMAnd that 1-measure key change is really unnecessary. Accidentals will suffice for one measure.

That was more me trying to troll the updaters, but Bespinben didn't bring it up the first time. >_>

Quote from: Bespinben on May 25, 2015, 09:22:09 PM...one listen, and....
the feels

I know, right?

Quote from: FireArrow on May 26, 2015, 03:25:06 PMMeasure 3: I think that's a D augmented chord so spell it with an A#. Same with measure 12.
Measure 28: That's a G diminished 7 chord so: C# -> Db and E natural -> Fb.

Yeah, I noticed the A# thing in measure 3 after trying to play it, wasn't sure though until you pointed it out, so thanks brah. Pretty sure measure 28's right though.

Quote from: Bespinben on May 26, 2015, 03:43:50 PMstuff

K, are those two things (remove Key Sig on measure 23 and change Bb to A# in measures 3 and 12) the only changes that should be made?

Oh, and I wanted to ask about how game titles are handled for Japanese-only games. Should it just be transliterated (Gyakuten Kenji 2), translated (Turnabout Prosecutor 2), or based on the localized title for other games in the series (Ace Attorney: Miles Edgeworth - Investigations 2)? I think having both the translated title and a faux-localized title makes most sense, myself.

Bespinben

Huh, I really don't know what the site policy is for non-localized games, but since I'm kind of the head updater by de facto until Olimar comes back, I'd say just do what you think is best. Just know that once the game section is created on-site, there's no easy "change title" switch if you want the game title changed.

And update the files!

Echo

Quote from: Bespinben on May 31, 2015, 08:19:08 PMHuh, I really don't know what the site policy is for non-localized games, but since I'm kind of the head updater by de facto until Olimar comes back, I'd say just do what you think is best. Just know that once the game section is created on-site, there's no easy "change title" switch if you want the game title changed.

And update the files!

Oh, wasn't aware Olimar was away.

Anyways, updated the files (sorry about the delay, couldn't change stuff for some reason when the site was buggy). I deleted a note in measure 15's left hand (a B right under the D) since I think that would be unplayable while doing a tenth.

Besides that, I think it should be listed as "Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth 2" so it's easier to find for fans if they're just looking up "Ace Attorney" sheets. The game's been referred to that way by at least one Capcom staff member on forums and such, so I guess it has some basis there too. On the actual sheet I just translated the Japanese name while having the faux-localized title in brackets though.

Bespinben

Good stuff!

Just one more thing, I probably should have made this a bit clearer:
Quote from: Bespinben on May 26, 2015, 03:43:50 PMYes. Keep measure 23 in F until m. 24. You have successive major 7ths planning down by whole tones (Fmaj7, Ebmaj7, Dbmaj7), and then it suddenly shift to a G7 at m. 24 leading into the C major section.
The key change starts at m. 25, with m. 24 being the transition period for the modulation. As such, m. 24 would still be using accidentals. Also, to highlight the key change, use a double barline.

Echo

K, should be fixed now.

Oh, and I made an MP3 for fun and for any mobile users that wanna listen.

Zeta