POKÉMON SUPER MYSTERY DUNGEON

Started by Latios212, May 21, 2015, 06:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDreamingHawk

Yeah the quiz was only needed for me once, in the original games as during that point in my life I had just been through numerous rough times and it really helped me to feel like myself. Nowadays I prefer a choice but the impact was still strong.

Speaking of which I may consider typing up a entire plot prediction soon...

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Nebbles

Plus, the music for the quizzes were so lovely.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

TheDreamingHawk

Japanese Preorder info (Thanks to Serebii)

"First, if you purchase the physical or the download copy, you will get a Nintendo 3DS theme featuring the package illustration drawn by Ken Sugimori
Second, if you purchase the physical version, you'll get a set of 3D stickers using illustrations from the box art, also drawn by Ken Sugimori
Finally, if you purchase the download version, you'll get a second Nintendo 3DS theme for your home screen
We'll provide full details and images of these bonuses as and when they are released."

So it seems the artwork will be similar to the box art of RT/Explorers, where it was drawn by Ken Sugimori. Neat info! Hope it looks good. The 3DS Home themes make me very excited as well.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Nebbles

Nice! PMD home themes sounds really awesome.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

whenever I see "illus. Ken Sugimori" I think, "Oh, that's how they look in the video game"
unmotivated

Latios212

I love Ken Sugimori's art... I WANT THOSE STICKERS
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bespinben

I freaking love this new Title Theme. Reminds me a lot of the style of the Gates to Infinity "Opening" (which leads me to believe maybe at least 1 or 2 people got carried over from the composition staff). It starts off with a bombastic arrangement of the iconic Rescue Team motif, introduces the game's own motifs at first very charmingly but gradually growing in splendor, and then it finally breaks out with a glorious trumpet solo before the music tapers out at the end (jerks!).

[3DS] Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon:

{NEW} "Title Theme" (Beta)
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [MP3]

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/bespinben/title-theme-beta?in=bespinben/sets/pok-mon-super-mystery-dungeon[/soundcloud]
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bespinben

Have some hype:

... and I'm really digging the new Town Square design (especially the circle thingy in the middle)!

Bespinben

The drought of news has re-ignited my speculation/wishlisting fuels once again.

The general feeling I get is that Pokémon Co. is going to really try advertise Super Mystery Dungeon big time. That their "big announcement" of a new game back in April turned out to be THIS GAME is my reasoning.

If that is the case, then I think Pokémon Co. needs to pull another Pokémon Ranger. What does that mean? It means bridging the imaginary gap between spin-offs and the main series. Remember how the only way to get a Manaphy in Diamond/Pearl versions was to import an egg over from Pokémon Ranger? By doing this, it forced main series collect-em-all-ers to investigate the then brand new spin-off title -- and it worked.

So how might Super Mystery Dungeon tie into the main series, and if it did, what kind of incentive would it provide?

Gates to Infinity opened the door already for bridging the gap between PMD-Earth and normal Earth, but it never did anything with the concept, and in all honesty, it couldn't, because the hidden implication in GtI was that "human world" was very literally REAL LIFE due to the 4th wall demolition. HOWEVER, if Super Mystery Dungeon follows after the vein of Explorers (and it seems to be doing that a great degree already), we can expect the Player Character to be moreso an avatar rather than You Yourself. In such a setting, making an in-game connection to the main-series world would be possible because the "human world" could simply just be the main series world.

As for a possible storyline, perhaps it could be some sort of post-credits mission with the Expedition Society deciding to investigate some interdimensional rift created by Hoopa. This would lead to some kind of experiment of sending a parcel through to "the other side", and perhaps in X/Y 2, Z, or Delta Emerald, there would be an event programmed into the game that, by receiving this unknown parcel from another dimension, it would be the key to unlocking said event. Maybe Volcanion? Maybe the parcel could contain a super OP Rescue Badge that would be extremely useful in competitive battling? who knows...

Pokémon Co. has their opportunity to draw in the fragmented Pokémon fanbase to one of the longest running spinoffs in the entire franchise. Will they pull it off? I sure hope so.

SlowPokemon

Making any attempt to meld the stories of the main series with the spinoffs would be such a dumb and, for me, disappointing move. As much as I love PMD it's not worthy of being called a true Pokémon game like the actual main series are. It's simply not even in the same tier or caliber, not to mention that the development teams are totally different--Chunsoft doesn't have the rights to the individual contents of the Pokémon regions, for instance. It's not going to happen.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bespinben

I agree it probably won't happen.

However, the main series and spinoffs HAVE already melded once - through Pokémon Ranger. It even got it's own movie (why can't PMD have a movie?). This is a fact that can't be ignored. It might not work for Mystery Dungeon specifically, but I see no reason to have this imaginary line drawn up between spin-offs and main series when that barrier HAS ALREADY been torn down once, with success.

Unless you didn't like the Pokémon Ranger movie or the exclusivity of the Manaphy egg. Then my point is moot.

SlowPokemon

Ohhhhh I forgot about the Manaphy Egg hmm. My points are moot too then, probably. I'm still iffy about the idea though.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

I'm surprised I was the first one to see this, Bespinben.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8nnxYvwrhQ

Spoiler
Is that a personality quiz?
[close]

Bespinben

Personality quiz is back, and my decade old wish for wordlewide physical travel came true.

I'm think I'm going to explode.

Bespinben

Translation of trailer dialogue and text (thank you Reddit):

What they say on-screen will be quoted, what the announcer says will be normal.

An adventure on a scale never seen before! (title) One day, you have been turned into a Pokemon, and join a research team with your partner, who has a map they want to fulfil.
Pikachu: Eh? What's this?! Somehow... I've become a Pokemon?! Eeeehhh~~?! Piplup: Join a research team and explore a bunch of places... And someday, I'll >finish my map of the world's stars!
Before long, you are head off into an adventure where you explore many dungeons with your partner, and explore the vast world.
Piplup: Whoa! The calm village makes you feel like smiling, doesn't it?
Before you begin, you must answer several questions given to you.
Answer the questions honestly... Let's awake the Pokemon sleeping within! It's a nerve-wracking first day at school... What want the people you'll be friends >with to be like? In the same class./They'll chat with me./ I wonder if they'll greet me?/ I'm nervous.
By answering these, you choose yourself and your partner.
What Pokemon would you like your partner to be? Cool!/Cute! There are 20 different Pokemon to choose from! You're Pikachu! Pikachu: Whoa! Look at that!
Go, with your partner, to the Mystery Dungeons!
It's a monster house! These mysterious dungeons change shape each time you journey inside. It's a spinning trap! Pikachu's confused! Snivy warped!
[The screen with the connections lists pokemon you've met, which is 52.] There are over 720 Pokemon, all Pokemon, appearing onscreen.
All 720 Pokemon appear onscreen!
Combine powers with your allies, use tools, and work through formidable dungeons.
Riolu used the Role Call Orb! [The Forest is called 'Yesterday's Forest'] Snivy use the Sleep Branch!
During your adventure, there is a dreadful case of Pokemon being turned to stone, one by one.
Lombre: Recently, there's been incidents of Pokemon being turned to stone. Piplup: Ehh?! Pokemon to stone?! Latios: Keep up! Latias! Kyogre: Stonified...?
Both legendary and illusory Pokemon are being turned to stone, by a mysterious power.
Lugia: Both legendary and illusionary Pokemon have come here... Zekrom: We... have been turned to stone... Reshiram: Who's work is this? Dialga: Also... from where?
This envelops the lives of all the Pokemon in the world.
Deoxys: That's...! Gaaaah! So, what has happened... on this planet?
It's an adventure with unimaginable Pokemon, on an unimaginable scale!
Arceus: This needs the concentration of all the Pokemon in the world... Piplup: Gyaaaaa!