NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

Router pinging out...

Started by Dude, June 05, 2008, 04:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

Is there any way to make it stop disconnecting me in the middle of a race? >:(

Requiem

How close are you to your router? Mine's on a different floor without TVs, so I lag/dc like hell. Maybe move it closer if at all possible...

PrizeRebel <-- Earn Free Goodies Like Precious Nexon Cash! Kudos to Gamer4250

Dude

It's not that it's out of range.

My computer is connected to a cable modem and the wireless is going from the computer to the antenna.

So it's like this:

Wall----modem----Comp-----antenna---Wii

However this is what seems to happen...

Wall----modem----Comp-XXXXX-antenna---Wii

Requiem

I dunno then. It might just be your internet connection/computer in general. :-\ I'd just search some Nintendo tech forums or something for answers...

PrizeRebel <-- Earn Free Goodies Like Precious Nexon Cash! Kudos to Gamer4250

Dihan

Is it protected by a firewall?

I had to make my Wii an exception to my router's built in firewall to allow the Wii to connect.

Dude

Maybe my computer just sucks... Oh well ::)

zahndy

hey if your using zone-alarm as a fire wall TURN IT OFF. it totally blocks my nintendo wifi usb connector, so i'm using an other firewall :P
please delete this account

Dude

Ehh... I use Webroot Spy Sweeper, but I don't think that has anything to do with it... :-\

zahndy

noxus21 also has problems with his ziggo firewall
please delete this account

blah54

are you using a good router? and a good modem? regardless... the wii is really picky with wireless stuff and dcs randomly all the time... and it might not be you, sometimes i get d/ced when one of my friends lags really bad...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

Dude

It's not the Wii, it's my computer. The wireless goes out completely and it comes up with a big red X around the icon on the taskbar. I moved it a little bit and it's not timing out as much so that's good...