News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - "Mini-boss" (Replacement) by mariolegofan

Started by Zeta, May 13, 2015, 12:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Mini-boss
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: mariolegofan

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

Bespinben

There's not a single place in the entire song where an F# is used, so this leads me to believe the song's key is not G major, but rather G mixolydian (the key signature of which would be 0 flats/sharps). The only time we do see an F#/Gb is in the minor triads planning downwards chromatically in the RH of m. 1-2, so this would have no bearing on the tonality.

Speaking of the RH of m. 1-2, since they are all (inverted) minor triads, you need to spell them as such (ex: beat 1 ~ Cb, Eb, Ab -- not B, Eb, Ab)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Sebastian

Quote from: Bespinben on June 01, 2015, 01:33:47 PMThere's not a single place in the entire song where an F# is used, so this leads me to believe the song's key is not G major, but rather G mixolydian (the key signature of which would be 0 flats/sharps). The only time we do see an F#/Gb is in the minor triads planning downwards chromatically in the RH of m. 1-2, so this would have no bearing on the tonality.

Speaking of the RH of m. 1-2, since they are all (inverted) minor triads, you need to spell them as such (ex: beat 1 ~ Cb, Eb, Ab -- not B, Eb, Ab)
Ok. I knew thought that it was G mixolydian at first but was told to change it cough cough.....
And I didn't really know how to spell those chords in the first 2 measures so gave it my best shot. I'll get those as soon as possible :)

Sebastian

Quote from: Bespinben on June 01, 2015, 01:33:47 PMThere's not a single place in the entire song where an F# is used, so this leads me to believe the song's key is not G major, but rather G mixolydian (the key signature of which would be 0 flats/sharps). The only time we do see an F#/Gb is in the minor triads planning downwards chromatically in the RH of m. 1-2, so this would have no bearing on the tonality.

Fixed. Files in OP updated.

Bespinben

Good job. Thanks for the fitting it onto 1 page as well; I didn't even have to ask!
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Zeta