Game: Super Castlevania IV
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Game Over
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: pokeyasd

[attachment deleted by admin]

pokeyasd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I--FwL4zKj4

EDIT: the layout in the .mus file is bit out of place. Notation was done in MuseScore and then converted to Notepad. Check .pdf file for reference.

Tobbeh99

Hello! First arrangement? Nice to see! :)

However this needs some work I can see:
First of you should check out G-Han's formatting guide(the standard for all sheets on the site):http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=481.0

Formatting issues:
Song name in Bold size 24 within quotation marks
Game name in Italic size 12, should be "Super Castlevania IV", remove "from"
Composer name in Bold size 12, should be Composition by Masanori Adachi & Taro Kudo
Arranger name in Italic size 12
Needs copyright mark in the bottom
Needs site URL in the bottom, under Copyright

Move the whole stave a bit to the right, or only the "piano" text, because the text is of the page.
Measure 4: right hand should be 16th rest dotted 8th -tie- half-note
Add a dynamic, at least one in the beginning of the arrangement. 

Musical issues:
Important! your arrangement is missing the highest voice, the melody, think it's something like D-E-C-B-C#.
When you do so you'll need to move the highest notes in left hand one octave up and into the right hand in order for it to work with the high melody in the picture; and let the left hand play fifths. 
Measure 3: the middle voice lands on an A not a C#.

There might be more issues that I didn't see, but I let other people notice them.

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

pokeyasd

Hello Tobbeh99 and thank you for your comments,

Big whoops with formatting! Somehow I was under the impression that the final touch in formatting would happen by the administrator of this site... Thanks for linking me the formatting guidelines. Should I cancel this submission and resubmit when it's proper or just submit the proper files in this thread?

What comes to musical mistakes: I converted the original .spc file into a midi-file with a very primitive converter tool. The midi-file was supposed to be for reference only, but I ended up relying on it more than I'd like to admit, as my ears aren't quite up to the task yet... After reading your pointers and evaluating the midi-file once more, I feel a bit dump for omitting the entire melody line :o. I will have to correct this and other mistakes too.

Anyways, sorry for this incredibly rushed submission. I'm very grateful for this community for all the sheet music I've obtained from here and I'd like to give back by submitting a song for a game with awesome music (surprised there are no previous submissions for Castlevania 4).

Tobbeh99

Quote from: pokeyasd on April 29, 2015, 08:25:54 AMHello Tobbeh99 and thank you for your comments,

Big whoops with formatting! Somehow I was under the impression that the final touch in formatting would happen by the administrator of this site... Thanks for linking me the formatting guidelines. Should I cancel this submission and resubmit when it's proper or just submit the proper files in this thread?

-What you do is that you first fix the things I pointed out, then click on the NSM panel, and all the way to the right you can see that it says "edit". Click there, that will let you reupload the new files(basically update them, without the need of making a new submission).

Quote from: pokeyasd on April 29, 2015, 08:25:54 AMWhat comes to musical mistakes: I converted the original .spc file into a midi-file with a very primitive converter tool. The midi-file was supposed to be for reference only, but I ended up relying on it more than I'd like to admit, as my ears aren't quite up to the task yet... After reading your pointers and evaluating the midi-file once more, I feel a bit dump for omitting the entire melody line :o. I will have to correct this and other mistakes too.

-Don't know if you know about it but a small tip: You can slow down the song by up to 50% speed in Windows media player, by right click > enhancements > play speed settings. You can also use the equalizer in the enhancements menu. These tools can help you a bit, especially if you got a keyboard nearby or a downloaded software keyboard on your computer.

Quote from: pokeyasd on April 29, 2015, 08:25:54 AMAnyways, sorry for this incredibly rushed submission. I'm very grateful for this community for all the sheet music I've obtained from here and I'd like to give back by submitting a song for a game with awesome music (surprised there are no previous submissions for Castlevania 4).

-Yes, I agree with you about Castlevania, that section is quite scarce in comparison to it's library of good music and it's popularity.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

If you find an MP3, or get one from youtube, use this:
http://www.audiostretch.com/audiostretchforflash/
It is exactly what you need to slow down music.
And it's free.

Tobbeh99

Aah y that one can slow down songs by how much you want nice! Might use it, I've been using Windows Media Player and Amazing Slow Downer currently, which can slow down to 50% and 20%, and both have equalizers. Does that thing have an equalizer??

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

Nope. For that, I bought transcribe. The sound quality takes a hit when you slow down, but it's got quite a powerful eq along with presets like "bass remove" and "bass select", etc. AND it will analyse songs for notes and chords, although it is never 100% accurate. I do NOT recommend this for beginners as they may learn to rely on it too much.
But the best thing about audiostrech (browser version) is the continuous playback. (idk what to call it) You can click and move the mouse at any speed and it plays it at the speed you move the mouse. And it will play back an exact slice if you just click on it in a portion.

pokeyasd

I also have transcribe and I can recommend it wholeheartedly (true though that I've learned to rely on it more than my own ears).

Bespinben

Files updated with all the fixes mentioned above (courtesy of Don).
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot