News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Finale Playback tip

Started by Tobbeh99, April 15, 2015, 05:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

I don't know if this is the right forum but...

Sometimes when you arrange a song, the dynamics doesn't make sense with the song. For example, the melody gets out-shadowed by the base, or the melody happens to be in the base and is too quiet.

One way I've used to solve the problem is by creating your score with 2 blank staffs rather than 1 piano staff. This allows you to have individual dynamics for both right hand and the left hand, and therefore more dynamic options. This is very useful for example if your melody is getting out-shadowed by the chords, or if you want to highlight the melody.

I don't know if this has any drawback other than you have to wright out dynamics and hairpins for both hands in order for it to work, but other than that it seems fine.

I also don't think your able to do this in notepad, and maybe other finale products. However opening a file with 2 blank staffs     in notepad obviously work.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Kecleon

This is the forum for displaying your own arrangments! Anything you have made. Just so you know.
That'll Be Quite The Item You Have!

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 15, 2015, 05:47:43 AMOne way I've used to solve the problem is by creating your score with 2 blank staffs rather than 1 piano staff. This allows you to have individual dynamics for both right hand and the left hand, and therefore more dynamic options. This is very useful for example if your melody is getting out-shadowed by the chords, or if you want to highlight the melody.
The more correct version of this method that I use is to just have your 2 piano staves but split the channels. That's really the important part and doing that gives you freedom. In fact, I'm working on a replacement for the SSBM opening and I've taken it a step farther: I've split the channels on individual voices. Same system, more specific. If you know how, Finale can do anything for you.

Oh and this method will work on notepad as well I believe.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Tobbeh99

Quote from: JDMEK5 on April 15, 2015, 09:20:23 AMThe more correct version of this method that I use is to just have your 2 piano staves but split the channels. That's really the important part and doing that gives you freedom. In fact, I'm working on a replacement for the SSBM opening and I've taken it a step farther: I've split the channels on individual voices. Same system, more specific. If you know how, Finale can do anything for you.

Oh and this method will work on notepad as well I believe.

Aah smart! Really easy too.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh