[GB] Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - "Surf Theme" (Replacement) by Zunawe

Started by Zeta, April 11, 2015, 01:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Olimar12345

Wanna finish this one up:

-Why'd you change the articulation throughout the LH? I don't think it sounds like that at all, and I feel like it was only added because that's what other waltz's do :/

-The first three eighth notes in the second layer (RH) of measure 11 need to all be raised my a step, making them D C# B. (It's a descending scale) Do this again at measure 15.

-Remove the low B in the second layer (RH) measure 13, and raise that second written E up to a G#.

-Raise the fourth eighth note in measure 14 (RH 2nd layer) to an A.

-Raise the first two eighth notes up a third in the last bar (2nd layer, RH) C# B A.

-Make all of the up beats (eighth notes 2, 3, 5, &6) in the LH in measure 13 G#'s.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Zunawe

Quote from: Bespinben on April 12, 2015, 12:18:34 AM
Also, do notice the articulations I added.
Though I do agree more with Olimar.

Fixed other errors.

I don't want to seem so passive about the changes and differences in opinions, but I'd really just like to get accurate and nice-looking files on the site given the popularity. I think I'll probably focus on uniformity and accuracy rather than creative changes from now on for that reason.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Bespinben

I just found a really small transcription error (non-opinion stuff yaaaay!)

In m. 17, you have the first 3 notes of the RH lower layer going up in a scale (G#, A, B...), when really it should be outlining an E7 chord (E, G#, B.....). That first E is out of most people's hand-span though (a 10th between a white key and a black key), so to accommodate this, I suggest briefly throwing that E to the LH, like so:

Olimar12345

Good eye, Ben! That octave will be much easier to play than the tenth. I want to take one more look through this one tonight, but I think we're just about done here.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Zunawe

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Bespinben

The end is nigh! Thanks Olimar. Excitement!

There's one teency-weency thing that's been on my mind, that maybe we can clear up before Olimar gives his final comb through
Spoiler
[close]
of the sheet.

It's about beat 1 of the RH of measure 2. I noticed that the "hollow tone" that serves as the bass for most of the song is actually that top E of your chord, but we've established consistent set-up where that voice is transposed an octave lower. So, I'm thinking you should make the RH to be E-G# (a 3rd) instead of G#-E (a 6th). This also helps to contrast with beat 2 and brings a nice natural crescendo into it.

Zunawe

I kinda like having the E on the very top, but I don't have much of a preference. I'll see what Olimar thinks.

I program things

Olimar12345

Quote from: Bespinben on April 21, 2015, 11:54:08 AMIt's about beat 1 of the RH of measure 2. I noticed that the "hollow tone" that serves as the bass for most of the song is actually that top E of your chord, but we've established consistent set-up where that voice is transposed an octave lower. So, I'm thinking you should make the RH to be E-G# (a 3rd) instead of G#-E (a 6th). This also helps to contrast with beat 2 and brings a nice natural crescendo into it.

The "bass" functioning voice in the original drops an octave there, too. The way it is currently notated is where the pitches are before we transpose for piano.

Olimar12345

Not quite sure what you were talking about, Bespinben, but PM me about it. We can always edit things.

Accepted.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Olimar12345.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot