[DELETED] [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy - "The Story Begins" (Replacement) by The Deku Trombonist & mariolegofan

Started by Zeta, April 06, 2015, 03:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario Galaxy
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: The Story Begins
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arrangers: The Deku Trombonist & mariolegofan

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

Sebastian

JesterMusician

-I think there's an F# under the right-hand A in 7.
-I think the second chord in 8 also contains an Ab.
-I think there's an E under the right-hand G in 9, just like in 1.
-I think the first arpeggiated chord in 15 has an Ab instead of an A.
-I think the last beat of 14 and the first beat of 15 should have have a G and an A, respectively, in the second voice of the right hand.

Other than that, it's pretty spot on!

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Sebastian

Maelstrom

Sebastian

Man, I suck :(
Why do I bother arranging. I'm just in the way..... :/

Anyway, Deku, should I just submit your version and put your name on it too or should I submit a completely new song or...?

Maelstrom

Dude, you are a great arranger. There are still things you, like me, need to learn. Your sheets always have a ton of polish on them, something I have yet to achieve. Few peoples' arrangements are ever perfect on the first go. Those that do produce them have been arranging for years and years. Don't feel that bad about it.

Sebastian

Yeah, I guess you're right. I'm just taking it hard and feeling bad because I've been stuck at this stage of arranging: mediocre. I haven't really gotten any better the past few months and have been making such amateur mistakes.
I guess I'm just frustrated.

Maelstrom

Not to spam this topic, but I know what you mean. Until recently, I've been putting any arrangement I finish on my page. Now, however, I realize that I was just posting too many mediocre arrangements. So, I've started triple checking notes, and not posting anything until I really feel satisfied with it. The easiest way to iron out mistakes is to constantly check for the ones you can or might make. Through practice, it will become habit. Always ask yourself, "What would make this song sound/play/look better?" and figure out how to incorporate those ideas into the final piece.
And, if you want to try stretching yourself, try arranging pieces that take some creative effort to transition into a piano piece. Something without constantly clearly defined notes. idk.

Sebastian

Quote from: Maelstrom on April 07, 2015, 12:56:24 PMNot to spam this topic, but I know what you mean. Until recently, I've been putting any arrangement I finish on my page. Now, however, I realize that I was just posting too many mediocre arrangements. So, I've started triple checking notes, and not posting anything until I really feel satisfied with it. The easiest way to iron out mistakes is to constantly check for the ones you can or might make. Through practice, it will become habit. Always ask yourself, "What would make this song sound/play/look better?" and figure out how to incorporate those ideas into the final piece.
And, if you want to try stretching yourself, try arranging pieces that take some creative effort to transition into a piano piece. Something without constantly clearly defined notes. idk.
I see what you mean. Thanks! That is helpful. Yeah, really recently I've been trying to get my songs like that. As accurate and good looking as possible. I actually try not to add extra stuff and "be creative" with my sheets because I think that the Updaters will just have me cut it out anyway. But.....I guess that is not the case (I figured this out while working with Bespinben).
So, I guess I'll have to be more creative with my sheets.
Oh and btw, you're not spamming :P

Maelstrom

Being creative is not a problem if it does not hider playability or the overall feel of the song. I'd encourage it if a part of a particular somg is just boring.

Sebastian

Quote from: Maelstrom on April 07, 2015, 02:42:55 PMBeing creative is not a problem if it does not hider playability or the overall feel of the song. I'd encourage it if a part of a particular somg is just boring.
Ok then!

Olimar12345

Quote from: mariolegofan on April 07, 2015, 09:53:24 AMAnyway, Deku, should I just submit your version and put your name on it too or should I submit a completely new song or...?

Not to speak for Deku or anything, but putting your name on his arrangement doesn't make any sense to me.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!