What music sheets are you playing right now?

Started by AwesomeYears, March 29, 2015, 03:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloop

If you are interested and have the time, pianist Emile Naoumoff made an 48 minute video talking about the first piece. It's meant to be a lesson I think, but it's moe like a presentation with a few technical practice tips thrown in. Debussy seems to have taught the piece to Emile's teacher himself too.

SlowPokemon

Don't take this the wrong way, but when I read "I think I miss the point" of Debussy's Images I just started laughing for some reason

I guess my recommendation is to spend more time with Impressionism? The whole point is to be kind of enigmatic and sort of suggest things instead of outright stating them. Nothing solid, just kind of a blur of colors. When you're hearing it, there's usually this sense like you're missing something.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

AmpharosAndy

I mean that I don't really connect with it like I do with many of his other works. Just a personal thing.

That video was very interesting, though.
innit

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Kenny Kirkland's solo on the Marsalis' record "Black Code in the Underground"

what is shitpost

Jub3r7

I think this is a good thread to revive.

I'm learning Accumula town and the left hand gets real tough in the second half, but I've made enough progress with muscle memory that I can play it together with the right hand. The batteries on my metronome died so I've been using google's metronome from my laptop or none at all.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SuperMarina

Currently trying to get Revali's Theme down, but I don't have piano fingers.
Yours truly,
a Marina advocate.

AmpharosAndy

You could try painting your fingers black and white?
innit

SuperMarina

Yours truly,
a Marina advocate.

Tobbeh99

I'm playing a couple of NSM sheets. Namely:

Chrono Cross - Dream of the Shore Near Another World (Arranged by Brawler4Ever; Edited by Bespinben)
Fantastic sheet! Lovely. And Ben's edits are really fantastic on this one. Really fun to play and the notation makes sense.

Skylanders: Giants - Skystones (Arranged by Tobbeh99 (me)). Really fun little piece to play. If you want something easy and fun and a pretty chill tune, then I can recommend this.

Personally, I feel like I put in a ton of work on all my arrangements. But when you play fun arrangements, it really feels worth it and it feels like you're doing something great (for other people), which is fun. :)
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

I hadn't played sheet music in a while, so recently I started printing sheets for Good Bye Lenin! by Yann Tiersen. I've now played almost all themes (that were included with the sheet music, there's more on the soundtrack that nobody made sheets for, probably because they don't actually include piano), but I also replay others, as I really love the soundtrack. :) Almost all pieces are rather easy to play, too, which is nice, as I don't read sheet music very well, and if it'd be too complicated I would be looking at my hands more than at the sheet.

tyvi2

Hiroari_Till_When

I'm playing the sheet for Gerudo Valley from LoZ:OOT I found on NSM today! Or, at least, I'm trying.

Kricketune54

Quote from: Hiroari_Till_When on April 29, 2021, 10:07:06 AMI'm playing the sheet for Gerudo Valley from LoZ:OOT I found on NSM today! Or, at least, I'm trying.

That is a tough one.  Very difficult left hand part.  I remember downloading that like 5 years ago and having a very hard time with it.

Kudos to you if you're playing it and enjoying it though!

Tobbeh99

I don't know whether this is the right place but...

I joined a choir (actually 2 choirs, one easier and one harder). And it (the harder one) has been tough. First we preformed Faure's requiem (I singing in tenor 1). And you think that's a pretty hefty piece, but now right after it we're performing Bach's Christmas Oratorio... ... yay ... ... Just hope there'll be more chill works after this one. ...
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh