News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Restored soundtracks

Started by 607, November 17, 2021, 09:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi, it's me again!

For the past year or so, restored video game tracks (sometimes termed differently) have been popping up on YouTube. Have you noticed this?
For these projects, people ripped the song data from the game, looked for the samples used in synthesizers available at the time, and replaced the samples stored on the cartridge with uncompressed samples.
I am quite excited about it, but it also creates some tough decisions. For example, for your regular listening, will you listen to a high-quality rip of the Donkey Kong Country 2 soundtrack, or will you listen to a restored version?
More specifically to me, yesterday The Brickster uploaded a restored version of the entire Mario Kart: Super Circuit soundtrack. It's great, but the individual tracks often don't sound as great to me as they do in Cloou's version, who doesn't have the entire soundtrack available. What do I listen to? :P
Have you already looked up your favourite soundtrack with highly compressed samples to see if someone's already put restored tracks on YouTube?? Let me know what you're excited about!

Kricketune54

I guess I'm confused are you doing some of the restorations?  I've definitely seen some restorations like One Winged Angel and Gangplank Galleon.

Is there anything for Super Metroid out there?

Quote from: Kricketune54 on November 17, 2021, 10:11:34 AMI guess I'm confused are you doing some of the restorations?  I've definitely seen some restorations like One Winged Angel and Gangplank Galleon.

Is there anything for Super Metroid out there?
Nope, I haven't looked into it much.
Looks like someone's doing Super Metroid stuff!