Yug Guy's Arrangement Emporium

Started by Yug_Guy, March 25, 2015, 07:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yug_Guy

I swear, I'm not dead, guys.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U [MUL]
"Namco Arcade '80s Retro Medley 1"MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginalNEW!!

Yeah, this song has been in a state of half-finishedness for a couple of months now. I was planning on releasing this one once I had both medleys finished, but at this point I just want to put something out there. Do be warned, it might be a little rough around the edges in places.

Now, what the hell am I gonna do now that goo.gl is dead?

Yug_Guy

Good luck!

Star Fox [SNES]
"Corneria" (Replacement)MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginalNEW!!

Yeah, I was looking through NSM a little while ago & got the urge to start doing Star Fox replacements. I was surprised no one had done Corneria specifically, but hey, at least that means I get to take a crack at it, right? The arrangement itself came out somewhat interesting - while the song really isn't that busy in terms of notes, the soundfonts chosen make the song seem a lot bigger than it actually is. Though, it does leave the piano arrangement weak by comparison...

Oh yeah, speaking of which: does anyone know what song "Ending" by Brassman388 on site is supposed to be? Because I looked through the soundtrack and could not find the song that corresponds to the arrangement.

Latios212

Looks neat! There's a fair amount you can do to spice it up though. What makes the original sound distinctive? Well, looking at that intro, there's a strong pulse in the bass, so you could make every other note octaves. In the following section, the kick drum (or whatever you call it) emphasizes beats 2 and 4, so emphasize that in your left hand part as well. Raise the G an octave, or play an octave, or something. Experiment and see what you can do to improve the sound.

Oh, and accidentals in m. 21 - yes, it's chromatically ascending A>A#>B, but it's just so much easier to read the A# chord as a Bb chord (also notes in the Bb chord are also already in the keysig).

QuoteStah Fahx
What are you, in Boston or something? :P
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Quote from: Yug_Guy on May 09, 2018, 04:02:58 PMCorneria

Aw man, I just realized that Dekudude and my collab isn't the site one :( We had a kickass version back in the day. Anyway, your arrangement mirrors the on-site version's error in measures 38-40; it should be in two measures of 5/4, not two bars of 4/4 and one bar of 2/4.

Quote from: Yug_Guy on May 09, 2018, 04:02:58 PMOh yeah, speaking of which: does anyone know what song "Ending" by Brassman388 on site is supposed to be? Because I looked through the soundtrack and could not find the song that corresponds to the arrangement.

Not sure, but Brassman was/is no stranger to taking creative liberties.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Yug_Guy

Thanks for the input, guys! I've implemented all the quick fixes - I'll definitely have to come back later and add some personal flair like Latios suggested.

Quote from: Latios212 on May 09, 2018, 04:43:16 PMWhat are you, in Boston or something? :P
What, you got a problem wit' dat?

Yug_Guy

Secret of Mana [SNES]
"I Closed My Eyes"MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginalNEW!!

This time, I'm actually dead.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Yug_Guy on June 28, 2018, 05:30:51 PMPokémon Diamond Version & Pokémon Pearl Version [NDS]
"Pokémon Center (Day)"MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginalNEW!!

Let's try and get the ball rolling again...

Yug_Guy

And now, for today's edition of, "songs that nobody probably asked for as a piano arrangement":

Doom [PC]
"At Doom's Gate [E1M1]"MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginalNEW!!

I might try and make this a project and do the entire soundtrack to this game. Maybe. We'll see. 

At the very least, the DOS version of Doom is freeware, so I don't have to feel bad about using the MIDI for reference lol

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yug_Guy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 28, 2018, 03:46:16 PMDO MORE DOOM SONGS PLSSSSS
*sigh* If you insist:

Doom [PC]
"Intermission from DOOM [E2M3]"MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginalNEW!!

Figured I'd go with the second-most popular Doom song this time.

Yug_Guy

F-Zero X [N64]
"Climb Up! And Get the Last Chance!"MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginalNEW!!
I still haven't played F-Zero X. I would definitely like to someday.

Yug_Guy

A bunny rabbit?! Cuuuuute!~

I wonder if he-

Doom [PC]
"Sweet Little Dead Bunny"MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginalNEW!!

...oh.

BlackDragonSlayer

doom arrangement project when

also do this one next pls
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yug_Guy

I figured this one would work well on piano. It does:

F-Zero X [N64]
"All Need is 30 Deaths"MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginalNEW!!

Gotta love that Engrish.

Yug_Guy

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest [SNES]
"Hot-Head Bop"MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginalNEW!!

God, I love the DKC2 soundtrack.