Yug Guy's Arrangement Emporium

Started by Yug_Guy, March 25, 2015, 07:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on April 21, 2017, 10:54:55 AMCase by case basis, really. If there's no official title available, then generally the most commonly used (if accurate) title is used.

But how commonly used? If one song title is made up by a YouTube user (i.e. GilvaSunner), it could set off a bunch of remixers to use the same title, making the majority rule biased. If GilvaSunner titled Patched Plains from Kirby: Planet Robobot "Stage 1-1", everyone would believe him. And it's not reliable enough to translate Japanese text in the game's files. It's all conjectural. Official CDs are the most reliable sources we have for English titles. OR the composers. I wouldn't trust Nintendo Wiki, Video Game Music Preservation Foundation, or VGMdb unless I knew they were edited by the direct sources themselves.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dudeman

If you bothered checking those sites, you'd know that VGMdb only posts actual albums that were released to the public, and VGMPF aims for the most official title when possible. You really ought to use these resources.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dudeman on April 21, 2017, 11:18:31 AMIf you bothered checking those sites, you'd know that VGMdb only posts actual albums that were released to the public, and VGMPF aims for the most official title when possible. You really ought to use these resources.

Except VGMdb isn't strictly OFFICIAL albums of the original music. It's mildly disappointing to see albums full of remixes and not reliable ones with valuable song titles I want. And VGMPF already contains song titles proved wrong by members of this site; it's also missing quite a few games. No website's perfect, though.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Yug_Guy

(And for anyone wondering, I used this site for the Super Star track names. Definitely not the most official by any means, but it was the best I could find)

Latios212

Quote from: LeviR.star on April 21, 2017, 11:06:05 AMBut how commonly used? If one song title is made up by a YouTube user (i.e. GilvaSunner), it could set off a bunch of remixers to use the same title, making the majority rule biased. If GilvaSunner titled Patched Plains from Kirby: Planet Robobot "Stage 1-1", everyone would believe him. And it's not reliable enough to translate Japanese text in the game's files. It's all conjectural. Official CDs are the most reliable sources we have for English titles. OR the composers. I wouldn't trust Nintendo Wiki, Video Game Music Preservation Foundation, or VGMdb unless I knew they were edited by the direct sources themselves.
Quote from: Latios212 on April 21, 2017, 10:54:55 AM(if accurate)

There's normally at least one source that lists a title that makes logical sense. If all else fails, defer to personal judgement on what sounds clear and concise.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: Latios212 on April 21, 2017, 02:04:33 PMIf all else fails, defer to personal judgement on what sounds clear and concise.
Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on April 21, 2017, 11:00:37 AMEither that or whichever is more accurate to what the song is used for (i.e. Scaldera/Tentalus (Vulnerable)).
*Ahem *Ahem *Cough *Cough
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Yug_Guy

Donkey Kong Country [SNES]
"Bonus Stage Victory Theme" (Replacement) MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original
"Gang-Plank Galleon" (Replacement) MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original

Fun fact! Even though Donkey Kong Country had an official soundtrack release, the iconic jingle that plays when winning a bonus stage or defeating a boss doesn't have an official name! And as you can tell, I am very, very fine with that. Boy, I am certainly okay with that, yesiree, no problems here! I am livid

Yug_Guy

Donkey Kong Country [SNES]
"Funky's Fugue" (Replacement) MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!

I was originally going to hold off on uploading this one until I got Treetop Rock finished. Buuuuuuut, since that one's probably not getting finished anytime soon, I thought I might as well upload this one while it's still fresh. Get it while it's hot!

Yug_Guy

Super Smash Bros. Brawl [Wii]
"Sticker Album / Album / Chronicle" (Replacement) MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!
"Trophy Gallery" (Replacement (sorta)) MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!

Two songs I've been meaning to do for quite some time now. The reason "Trophy Gallery" only sorta counts as a replacement is because there are two copies of the sticker album theme on site. So naturally, if I were to replace them, I'd replace one of the sticker album sheets with my sticker album sheet, and I'd replace the other sticker album sheet with my trophy gallery sheet.

Confused? I certainly hope not...

Yug_Guy

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U [MUL]
"Famicom Medley" MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!

I don't know why, but I've always been drawn to medleys, and the ones that have appeared in Brawl and Smash 4 are no exception. In addition to doing more replacements, I'm planning on interspersing some of the medleys that appeared in Smash 4 (i.e., the Namco Retro Medleys).

As for this song in particular... I like the Brawl one better. It used a lot more obscure songs, and was overall better paced. But I guess this one's okay.

Yug_Guy

I have one new song, and one replacement for you guys today:

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 [GEN]
"Angel Island Zone Act 1" MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!
"Endless Mine" (Replacement) MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!

I don't have much to say for these two. Just some good ol' fashioned Sonic tunes.

Yug_Guy

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest [SNES]
"In a Snow-Bound Land" (Replacement) MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!

David Wise is such an amazing composer.

Sebastian

Ah, yes!  Love this song. It has been on my to-do list for a while now, but it seems that you beat me to it. :P
Definitely expect feedback from me soon. : )

Yug_Guy

Blaster Master [NES]
"Area 1" MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!

This is just a really cool song. And, with the Blaster Master remake that came out this year, it's more relevant than ever!

Quote from: Sebastian on June 25, 2017, 03:42:51 PMAh, yes!  Love this song. It has been on my to-do list for a while now, but it seems that you beat me to it. :P
Definitely expect feedback from me soon. : )
Glad you like it! I'll expect feedback soon.

Yug_Guy

Happy Splat2n day!

Splatoon 2 [SWITCH]
"Color Pulse" MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!
(otherwise known as, "That catchy song that played during Pearl & Marina's reveal trailer")

This is definitely a work in progress, but I wanted to post it today to celebrate Splatoon 2's release. I would really appreciate any feedback on this one, especially in relation to stylistic choices.