News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Yug Guy's Arrangement Emporium

Started by Yug_Guy, March 25, 2015, 07:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Yug_Guy on February 25, 2017, 02:08:36 PM
And that arrangement is...
JOOOOOOOOHN CENA!
[close]
This is now one of my favourite gifs, and I think you nailed the joke.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Dudeman on February 25, 2017, 02:12:14 PMI knew checking this topic was a good idea.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on February 25, 2017, 02:31:16 PMThis is now one of my favourite gifs, and I think you nailed the joke.
Thanks guys, I knew you would appreciate the joke.

Quote from: Latios212 on February 25, 2017, 02:19:06 PMKenta Nagata, Hajime Wakai, Toru Minegishi? What is this madness - is this Zelda here? I've never really taken the time to check out the Pokémon Stadium soundtrack; cool remix here.
Pokemon Stadium was actually developed by Nintendo EAD proper, so these three actually worked on the soundtrack! It was one of the first games Minegishi worked on at Nintendo.

Quote from: Dudeman on February 25, 2017, 02:12:14 PMCongrats on surviving two years with us, Yug!
Quote from: Latios212 on February 25, 2017, 02:19:06 PMCongrats for not dying in the first two years!
Thanks! It wasn't easy, but I'm glad I held out.  :)

Yug_Guy

2 songs for the price of 1!

Perfect Dark [N64]
"Chicago: Stealth" (Replacement) MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!

In addition to the regular level theme, this song also has what I believe to be an "ambush" or "encounter" theme. Thus, why it sounds like it changes to a completely different song about 2/3 of the way through. But, seeing as the song doesn't really have much of an identity on its own, I figured I'd throw it in with the main level theme. Enjoy!

Also, I have a quick announcement to make: I'm going to be taking a short break from doing replacements. I've sorta burned out on doing replacements atm, and there's a few new songs I'd like to get done. But, I know I'll be back to doing more replacements sometime in the near future, so look forward to that! (Also, my replacements are still going to get top priority in my submissions, so that's not changing anytime soon)

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Yug_Guy on March 04, 2017, 03:17:26 PMPerfect Dark [N64]
"Chicago: Stealth" (Replacement)
Quote"Chicago: Stealth"
WHAT. WHAT.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yug_Guy

Speaking of new arrangements:

Sonic the Hedgehog [GEN]
"Special Stage" MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!
"Star Light Zone" MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!

I think I like the original Sonic the Hedgehog soundtrack a little too much. I can't quite put my finger on why, but I'll enjoy it nonetheless. These two songs in particular are favorites of mine; they're both light and airy, with just enough rhythm to keep 'em going.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 04, 2017, 04:01:33 PMWHAT. WHAT.
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.
Well, I'm certainly glad to see at least one person excited about it. Enjoy! :)

Yug_Guy

And now for, 4 songs for the price of 1? No, that doesn't work... I'm just gonna stop talking for a little bit...

Ice Climber [NES]
"Game Start" MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!
"Stage Clear" MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!
"Stage Theme" MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!
"Title Screen / Bonus Stage" MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!

Y'know, despite the simplicity of the actual Ice Climber game, these songs were pretty damn hard to arrange. But then again, I'm not familiar enough with the blues scale that it just comes to me naturally, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Besides, you're getting a whole OST ...that's 4 songs long..., so be grateful!

LeviR.star

Ooh, we needed this OST, Yug Guy. Keep up the good work! ;)
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Zeila

Quote from: Yug_Guy on March 04, 2017, 03:17:26 PMPerfect Dark [N64]
"Chicago: Stealth" (Replacement) MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!
Ayy, Perfect Dark is one of my favorite FPS games. Nice job with the arrangement! A few things to note:

- I'd flip the dotted half note in m19 (+ similar). I'm not sure if it's worth it to flip both half notes in m20 + similar ones as well
- I guess it's implied with the whole notes, but you could put con/senza pedale
- This is a very minor thing but instead of leaving the new 8va line from your copy/paste, you could just extend the first one (and also slightly extend it in m37 so the bracket would show)
- It's best to just put text/song names as either a new expression or part of the tempo mark so that it sticks with the measure. If you decide to insert it as a new expression, then you could put a box around it. The formatting/measure layout already seems good so I doubt it'll move, but I'm mostly letting you know for future references

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Zeila on March 06, 2017, 09:28:52 PMAyy, Perfect Dark is one of my favorite FPS games. Nice job with the arrangement!
Thanks!

Quote from: Zeila on March 06, 2017, 09:28:52 PM- I'd flip the dotted half note in m19 (+ similar). I'm not sure if it's worth it to flip both half notes in m20 + similar ones as well
Fixed. I also flipped the first half note in m20.

Quote from: Zeila on March 06, 2017, 09:28:52 PM- I guess it's implied with the whole notes, but you could put con/senza pedale
Unfortunately, my version of Finale, Printmusic, doesn't allow for any nuanced pedal marks. Otherwise, I would totally add it.

Quote from: Zeila on March 06, 2017, 09:28:52 PM- This is a very minor thing but instead of leaving the new 8va line from your copy/paste, you could just extend the first one (and also slightly extend it in m37 so the bracket would show)
- It's best to just put text/song names as either a new expression or part of the tempo mark so that it sticks with the measure. If you decide to insert it as a new expression, then you could put a box around it. The formatting/measure layout already seems good so I doubt it'll move, but I'm mostly letting you know for future references
Thanks for the tips; I'm still getting used to this whole "paid version" of Finale thing. And it's been how long since I've gotten it now? 6 months? Wonderful.

Yug_Guy

I just can't stay away from EarthBound, can I?

EarthBound [SNES]
"Apple Kid's Theme" MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!
"Sanctuary Guardian" MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!

"Apple Kid's Theme" is probably one of the dopiest songs I've ever heard. In fact, that's what I came to associate this song with before I ever played EarthBound, from various online videos. It was too simple & too memorable for me not to arrange it.

EarthBound has some of the craziest, yet most awesome RPG battle themes ever. For me, "Sanctuary Guardian", the boss theme, is my favorite out of all of them. It's unique, it's funky, and it's just plain cool. That being said, it was a bit of a struggle to do this one. It's got some weird time signature shenanigans thrown in at seemingly random places, and there were a few rhythms & notes that I had some trouble identifying. Hopefully I managed to get them right (or at the very least, close enough). I also want to give my thanks to Latios212 for helping me implement the odd time signatures. You were a big help!

Yug_Guy

2064: Read Only Memories [MUL]
"Both Sides of the Law (TOMCAT's Theme) (Duet)" MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!
"Read Only Memories (Piano Theme)" MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!
"Turing's Sadness" MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!
"Turing's Theme" MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!

After getting the "Humble Freedom Bundle" a while back, I decided the first game I would play would be 2064: Read Only Memories; a game I had heard in passing, but didn't really know much about. Needless to say, I fell in love with the game, its characters, and most important of all, its music. It's got a pretty sweet 80's-inspired soundtrack, with everything from funk to chillwave. It's definitely worth a listen.

One minor thing to note is that there's a funky thing going on with the soundtrack versions of these songs: after checking the in-game jukebox, I found out that the in-game versions of songs & their soundtrack counterparts are not the same. So, the songs might deviate from the soundtrack a bit; in that case I'm just using the in-game loop.

In all honesty, I could probably gush about this game & it's soundtrack for hours on end, but I'm going to leave it at this for now. Do look into this game if you're a fan of point-and-click adventures, cyberpunk, transhumanism, or some combination of the three.   

Yug_Guy

Much like the legendary triforce from the Legend of Zelda series, this update comes to you in three parts:

1) Earthworm Jim [GEN]
   "Buttville ~ The Descent" MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!

I only really know about this song from browsing r/gifsound frequently. That's about it.

2) After doing some thinking, I've decided to reorganize my arrangements by alphabetical order, instead of by release date. I figure this will be a better organizing method going forward.

3) I'm probably going to do one or two more new arrangements, and then I'll get back to mainly doing replacements. While I have some idea about the kinds of songs I want to replace, I decided I wanted to get community suggestions as well. So introducing, Yug Guy's Replacement Suggestions! Once again, because this is Google Froms, literally anyone can leave a suggestion, including random lurkers! (That means you, Billy.) I encourage anyone and everyone to leave suggestions! *winkwinknudgenudge*

Ciao!

Yug_Guy

And now for two songs that have nothing to do with each other (except for their BPM, by sheer coincidence):

Final Fantasy [NES]
"Victory" MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!

I'm surprised that this song isn't on the main site yet. It's a fairly simply song, so I figured I might as well do it.

Sonic & Knuckles [GEN]
"Act One Boss" MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!

...I really need to play Sonic & Knuckles at some point...

Also, quick reminder: if you haven't yet filled out Yug Guy's Replacement Suggestions, I highly recommend you to do so. Thanks to the suggestions I've already gotten, I've front-loaded my to-do list with Kirby and Donkey Kong replacements. So look forward to those soon!

Yug_Guy

And the replacements begin once more!

Kirby Super Star [SNES]
"Bubbly Clouds" (Replacement) MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!
"Corkboard" (Replacement) MUS - MUSX - MIDI - PDF - Original - NEW!!

Nothing too fancy today; just some simple songs from Kirby Super Star. Enjoy!

LeviR.star

Quote from: Yug_Guy on April 06, 2017, 03:51:48 PMKirby Super Star [SNES]
"Bubbly Clouds" (Replacement)

DANG! Why is everyone, all of a sudden, predicting the sheets I was planning on doing within the next few weeks??
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements