News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

D & D

Started by Concerto No.20 in D minor, June 03, 2008, 03:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concerto No.20 in D minor

So my friend and I got into D & D last week.  I am a complete n00b at this stuff so don't meh.  Anyways, as I said we just got into it so I have no knowledge of the different versions, but apparently there is a new 4.0e coming out, so we got a few friends together and put our money together and bought the 4.0e on Amazon.  It's supposed to ship on the 6th, so hopefully it will :P.  Anybody else into D&D?  Right now we're playing a game that we bought at a store called "The Keep on the Shadow Fell or something"  I don't really know the title, but it's pretty fun.

Anyways, ignore my rambling and talk about D&D here.

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: Concerto No.20 in D minor on June 03, 2008, 03:56:48 PMAnyways, ignore my rambling and talk about D&D here.

So, are D&D's anything like M&M's?

Quote from: Concerto No.20 in D minor on June 03, 2008, 03:56:48 PMI am a complete n00b at this stuff so don't meh. 
:P Same. But, I have no idea what a D&D is.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

starpikachu

isn't D&D a board game? ???

Requiem

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on June 03, 2008, 06:10:44 PM
Quote from: Concerto No.20 in D minor on June 03, 2008, 03:56:48 PMAnyways, ignore my rambling and talk about D&D here.

So, are D&D's anything like M&M's?

Quote from: Concerto No.20 in D minor on June 03, 2008, 03:56:48 PMI am a complete n00b at this stuff so don't meh. 
:P Same. But, I have no idea what a D&D is.
D&D = Dungeons & Dragons, which is a game (Common Knowledge ::))

I believe it's a board game. I never really got how that type of game works too well, but the theme seems like it would be my kind of thing. I may look into it over the summer if when I get bored. ;D

PrizeRebel <-- Earn Free Goodies Like Precious Nexon Cash! Kudos to Gamer4250

Yeah, well if you are you should jump right on it.  Amazon has a great preorder deal going right now for their new book set that comes with everything you need.

http://www.amazon.com/Dungeons-Dragons-Core-Rulebook-Gift/dp/0786950633/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212556631&sr=8-1

Half off, pretty good deal.  You just need that, an adventure book, a couple of friends and some bake able clay (to make figurines, if you buy figs, then its going to cost you a lot) and imagination!

Dihan

I'd personally use different coins instead of figures. I'm a DnD 3.5 person, 4th Edition is really different.

I don't play that often, but it's fun.

Jamaha

I've always wanted to play, but I've never been able to.

Dihan

I think me and some friends are getting together to create some new characters for an Elder Scrolls themed campaign. In the campaign we're helping start up a Thieve's Guild in Hammerfell. I'm going to create a Beguiler which is a stealthy mage who has spells from the Illusion and Enchantment schools, such as Invisibility, Sleep, Create Major Image and Disguise Self.

It's going to be fun!

Quote from: Dihan on June 04, 2008, 01:21:24 AMI'd personally use different coins instead of figures. I'm a DnD 3.5 person, 4th Edition is really different.

I don't play that often, but it's fun.

From what I've played of 4e, its really great.  My friend that has played before also really likes it a lot more.  I've never played any other editions though, so I can't judge.