Nintendo going mobile

Started by DonValentino, March 18, 2015, 05:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

While I think that franchises like WarioWare or touch-based games would work very well on mobiles, I'm still unsure on whether I like this or not. Most likely I'll personally stick with the dedicated game consoles anyway, so what has me really intrigued is the new "NX" platform Iwata talked about, is it going to be a new console, or maybe a Nintendo-made tablet-like system specifically for those mobile games? And are these games going to be available somehow for 3DS/Wii U?

What do you guys think about this? Would you like to see Mario on Android devices?

SlowPokemon

As I've already stated in another thread, they used the NX as an example of how Nintendo would not be solely concentrating on mobile. So it will have nothing to do with this.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

I wouldn't like it unless the touch screen had a stylus
but then I'd rather get a DS
unmotivated

Maelstrom

I like buttons. Phone games don't have those.

We're done here.

Maelstrom

No, we're not.

Read these quotes from Nintendo. They explain the situation perfectly.

KefkaticFanatic

tl;dr Nintendo came upon the revelation that money is good

me irl
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 18, 2015, 10:45:47 PMtl;dr Nintendo came upon the revelation that money is good
Quote of the day.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

DrP

Nintendo already has tons of money.

$4.6 billion actually.
What Nintendo needs is revenue... or at least lower their OpEx.
Nintendo's fiscal year ends at the end of the month, so I'm kind of excited to see what they forecast in their annual report!

However this announcement made Nintendo's stock price (TYO:7974) jump 11% so investors are pretty happy with the announcement.

Trainer Ave

Um. Why is there even a question about Nintendo games being on Android when it is already possible with emulators?
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

mikey

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on December 10, 2015, 03:47:20 PMUm. Why is there even a question about Nintendo games being on Android when it is already possible with emulators?
there was literally a bright red box that said "DO NOT POST IN THIS TOPIC" and you posted anyway.
unmotivated

Trainer Ave

funny bc i dont see that box anywhere
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

braix

It shows up when you try to post in a topic that hasn't been responded to for over 120 days.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Trainer Ave

Well sorry I am using a mobile device that has some serious screen issues (basically it has cracks everyone and sometimes doesn't register when i tap something) so i pretty much thought it didn't catch when i tapped post. My apologies
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

AwesomeYears

And to answer your question, Nintendo has officially gone mobile, the emulators weren't made by Nintendo, they even shut them down.

mikey

Quote from: AwesomeYears on December 10, 2015, 09:31:36 PMAnd to answer your question, Nintendo has officially gone mobile, the emulators weren't made by Nintendo, they even shut them down.
I dunno if nintendo can shut emulators down last I checked they were perfectly legal as long as you owned a physical copy of the game
unmotivated