Started by Bespinben, April 02, 2015, 01:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Parsinger's Piano Dungeon: Ben Rescue Team
unmotivated

Bespinben

www.pianodungeon.com ???

mmmmmmm not bad Noc, not bad -- we're getting somewhere
(vague enough for snobbish types curious passerby... but implicitly hints at my affinity for Mystery Dungeon)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

mikey

I figured it had some nice alliteration and pun so it rolled off the tongue really well
unmotivated

DonValentino

Maybe "Bespinben, Explorer of Harmony" (BEOH)?

I've read the OP and some posts, but I still find unclear what you're aiming for... Is it a name for Youtube/a website like ZREO? Or is it more like a professional alias that relates to your name like Charlie Sheen (first one that came to my mind)? Because combining both is really really hard. x_o

Bespinben

Quote from: DonValentino on April 03, 2015, 10:59:08 AM"Bespinben, Explorer of Harmony" (BEOH)?
YUSSS another great album name. Oh that's just  ;D ;D ;D Mmm mmm mmm!

I've realized as this conversation has progressed I'm looking for names for quite a few things. Maybe charting this out will help:

Identity: Bespinben

Business/Brand
: (To be determined -- should it involve Bespinben? Plenty of things do, like LPers Facebook pages [ex: Smosh, Pewdiepie, etc.])
Business website: (WIP-- pianodungeon.com) [still is questionable, but it's the best I've got so far]
(There's also the desire that the business/brand be closely related to the website url [ex: www."so-and-so".com ---> front page "So-and-So's Creations")

Ideally all projects should be able to be based off the parent page, as opposed to PREO which has multiple sites (doulbleteam.com, pokemonreo.com, etc.).
[Sample: bespinben.com/albums/explorersofharmony vs. pianodungeon.com/albums/projectinfinity]
{Wow, after writing that, bespinben.com felt really intuitive.... pianodungeon sounds like a trading card store with a piano in it}

DonValentino

Glad you liked it xD
Ohh, understood.

Quote from: Bespinben on April 03, 2015, 11:38:22 AMBusiness website: (WIP-- pianodungeon.com) [still is questionable, but it's the best I've got so far]

Well if I were you, I'd create a "bespinben.com/albums/explorersofharmony" before someone else does! Sounds perfect imo

pianodungeon is not bad, but the relation with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is very very very vague. The problem I see is that the reference is indeed pursued, but badly executed: "dungeon" could mean literally anything and could be used in infinity of contexts, you don't think of PMD just with the word "dungeon".

If you really prefer this over bespinben.com though, I'd suggest changing it to "mysterymusicdungeon" or something like that to make the PMD reference more clear (but still subtle!) while keeping the music reference and not necessarily only PMD music, even if it would be the main focus I suppose.

Quote from: Bespinben on April 03, 2015, 11:38:22 AMIdentity: Bespinben vs. Benjamin Persinger

Both are good options, but how about if both coexisted? At OCRemix a lot of people use both names on their remixes and it seems to work well. People remember better the alias and consequently they can easily refer to the real name. This is extremely convenient imo, since it gives you the chance to choose between both an artistic pseudonym and your real name depending on the situation (it gives both a professional and a more casual way of presenting yourself). Besides, Bespinben is a great alias, it would be a pity to just throw it away.

Quote from: Bespinben on April 03, 2015, 11:38:22 AM
Business/Brand
: (To be determined -- should it involve Bespinben? Plenty of things do, like LPers Facebook pages [ex: Smosh, Pewdiepie, etc.])

If you went with "pianodungeon" or something like the "mysterymusicdungeon" I suggested, then

Quote from: Bespinben on April 03, 2015, 11:38:22 AM(There's also the desire that the business/brand be closely related to the website url [ex: www."so-and-so".com ---> front page "So-and-So's Creations")

would be hardly possible at all! If you really want to go this way, then forget that business/brand=website. It's another option and it could work, but it's a lot more convenient to have a single name for EVERYTHING (like Smosh or Pewdiepie, as you said). Easier to recognize and search for. This is another reason I'd go with bespinben.com, brand also "Bespinben".

Whew, lengthy post! Resuming, Benjamin "Bespinben" Persinger, Bespinben, bespinben.com would be my options. But it's really up to you! Hope I helped you decide even if it's a little!

Latios212

I like bespinben.com :D

Just going to throw a few phrases out there:

"Bespinben's Musical Paradise"

"Welcome to the world of Bespinben"
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

JDMEK5

Quote from: DonValentino on April 03, 2015, 12:28:32 PMIf you went with "pianodungeon" or something like the "mysterymusicdungeon"...
How about a compromise: www.pianomysterydungeon.com ?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Bespinben

Quote from: DonValentino on April 03, 2015, 12:28:32 PMGlad you liked it xD
if I were you, I'd create a "bespinben.com/albums/explorersofharmony" before someone else does! Sounds perfect imo
It does have a nice ring to it!

Quote from: DonValentino on April 03, 2015, 12:28:32 PMpianodungeon is not bad, but the relation with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is very very very vague. The problem I see is that the reference is indeed pursued, but badly executed: "dungeon" could mean literally anything and could be used in infinity of contexts, you don't think of PMD just with the word "dungeon".
Yeah I realized that too after a bit :/ "Piano Dungeon, is that the newest BDSM trend?"
Though, it could serve as a cool subsection of the would-be site, like a forum or blog or something.

Quote from: DonValentino on April 03, 2015, 12:28:32 PMhow about if both coexisted? At OCRemix a lot of people use both names on their remixes and it seems to work well. People remember better the alias and consequently they can easily refer to the real name. This is extremely convenient imo, since it gives you the chance to choose between both an artistic pseudonym and your real name depending on the situation (it gives both a professional and a more casual way of presenting yourself). Besides, Bespinben is a great alias, it would be a pity to just throw it away.
I think you're right. For example, there's Hirokazu "Hip" Tanaka (Metroid). Having both names associated with me doesn't seem as unwieldy as I once thought yesterday.

Quote from: DonValentino on April 03, 2015, 12:28:32 PMIf you went with "pianodungeon" or something like the "mysterymusicdungeon" I suggested, then

would be hardly possible at all [to streamline site url with brand]! If you really want to go this way, then forget that business/brand=website. It's another option and it could work, but it's a lot more convenient to have a single name for EVERYTHING (like Smosh or Pewdiepie, as you said). Easier to recognize and search for. This is another reason I'd go with bespinben.com, brand also "Bespinben".
100% agreement.
---------------------

Thanks Don! That was exactly what I was hoping to get out this. Huge help.

Quote from: Latios212 on April 03, 2015, 12:38:03 PMI like bespinben.com :D

Just going to throw a few phrases out there:
"Bespinben's Musical Paradise"
"Welcome to the world of Bespinben"

"...this is the portal that leads to the world inhabitated only by pianos."
"...before you download, you must answer some questions."

"Did you play Explorers of Harmony before?"
(A. Yes; B. No)

----------------------------------

ONE LAST THOUGHT. The Video Game Pianist (Martin Leung), actively uses his alias. It's the URL for his personal site, as well as much of his other social media. HOWEVER, I noticed his Facebook page DOES NOT use that. Perhaps he keeps Facebook unassociated with that name for his collegiate activities? (He's working on a Doctorate after all)

mikey

unmotivated