Game: Kirby's Dream Land
Console: Game Boy
Title: Boss
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: AwesomeYears

[attachment deleted by admin]

AwesomeYears

Sebastian

At first glance, it's too fast. Use this tool when when finding the BPM of a song:
www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm

AwesomeYears

Bump and
Quote from: mariolegofan on March 07, 2015, 07:31:18 AMAt first glance, it's too fast. Use this tool when when finding the BPM of a song:
www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm
I'll get back to that later

Olimar12345

Comments!

-Title should probably be "Boss" since it is used for all bosses, with the exception of DeDeDe.

-The subtitle, copyright, and url need to be center-aligned. (Shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+' )

-The arranger name needs to be right-aligned. (Shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+] )

-The staves should be bracketed together, and it should say "Piano" rather than saying "Grand Piano" on each staff. You can use the template file!

-That E in measure 1 should be a G

There is more, but lets focus on these things first!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

AwesomeYears

Fixed what Olimar and MLF said and put an ending in it! :P

AwesomeYears

Edited to make the bass more accurate to the theme + added bass drum beats in the start (not sure if nessecary).
Sooooo, any more critique from our new updaters ;) (or old)

Tobbeh99

Nice! but there's a couple things I had in mind:
1) measure 1: that bass, beat 3-4, is barely playable at that tempo. What you could do is to only keep the low notes on the first 16th of each beat, and remove the later low notes 16ths.
2) The formatting looks at bit squeezed. Try moving measure 6 to the system above to have 3 measures/system. And you'll have to fix measure 10, looks really squeezed.
3) From what I know dynamics for the upper staff is to be placed between the staves, and the one for the lower is to be placed below.
4) Speaking of dynamics, shouldn't there be a cres. already in measure 1(the bass tremolo) maybe start at pp and cres.
Measure 5,10: in the beginning it sounds stronger as you can hear, maybe put a ff there, maybe also do that in the end of measure 14.

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Bespinben

[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

There was a lot of stuff that needed to be fixed that would take too long to do by way of telling you what to do, but I will summarize the major changes:

*The intro has an E as the bass tone, which the present sheet lacked. The percussion adaptation therefore needed to be based on this tone, rather than C or G which belong to the treble.
*The intro actually starts a 16th rest after the downbeat. You would have to count out all the 16ths in m. 1-2 to notice this.
*The second attacks on m. 2 actually are twice as long in duration as the first attack, but at this speed it's virtually identical, so instead this fact was accounted for with articulation (staccato, then tenuto).
*I implemented a repeat system to make this fit nicely on 1 page WITHOUT all the squishing it was burdened with before.
*The RH of m. 3-6 consists of alternating dyads. To make it more pianistically practical, I reduced the figure to dyad-monad instead. I omitted tone was chosen based on if the LH melody already played that note, thereby retaining fullness despite the omission.
*The LH melody of m. 3-6 was missing SEVERAL parts to it. I added in these subtle figures.
*The RH of m. 7-10 also consists of arpeggiating dyads. However, the bottom layer was omitted for playablity, and with the top layer only and the bass, all the harmony is intact.
*The LH of m. 7-10 is not a dotted eighth then a sixteenth, but actually an eighth followed by two sixteenths.
*The LH of m. 10 beats 3-4 DOES NOT have a triplet. Not sure how you got that tbh, but I wrote in the correct figure.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

AwesomeYears

Wow, didn't realise how much work I had to do :P

Updated it anyway and thank you Tobbeh and Bespinben!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot