News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Nsm's Top 5s.

Started by Sebastian, March 04, 2015, 03:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

To tell the truth, I completely forgot about the Ace Attorney games when I said that.

SlowPokemon

There are many, many non-gimmicky Nintendo DS games that are incredible besides Ace Attorney. I'm not sure what "gimmicky" is supposed to mean though. I would guess you mean excessive use of the DS's features? Professor Layton and Bowser's Inside Story, for example, are gimmicky because they make use of the touch screen? Pokémon is gimmicky???

The only one I can think of that I've played that's "gimmicky" is Hotel Dusk: Room 215, which has you turn the system on its side and play through the adventure like a book, but it's still an excellent game that's well suited to that format. Why does "gimmicky" have to mean bad?? Sure, if the game coasts on its gimmick instead of using it to make a good gameplay experience, but I can't think of anything that does that on the DS. Idk, what am I missing?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

Gimmicky i.e. the games that came out around launch time that would shoehorn in touchscreen features where they really didn't belong, similar to how games would throw in Wii motion controls where they shouldn't be.  It mostly disappeared (at least from main focus) after the first year or two of the console's life.  Any game that was all gimmicks was usually considered shovelware though and it's certainly not like the entire libraries of both of those are as such...

me irl
[close]

ThatGamer

Ah, my top 5 favourite game consoles. Sorry, I know this is an old topic but I can't resist...

5.3DSXL
4.DSI
3.Wii-U
2.Wii
1.PS4
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"