Hexameron - An Invitation, an Adventure

Started by MaestroUGC, March 01, 2015, 08:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

In 1837, Franz Liszt, possibly the greatest pianist of all time, got together five other prominent pianist-composers of the day to collaborate on a set of variations of Vincenzo Bellini's "March of the Puritans" from I puritani. The idea had each composer write one variation of the theme, in whatever idiom and style they wanted, for piano, and Liszt would unite them all into single, cohesive piece. The superstar composer pianists he united?

Frederic Chopin
Carl Czerny
Henri Herz
Johann Peter Pixis
Sigismond Thalberg

The final product was called Hexameron.

Now, 2015, I, Zachary Loy, would like to extend an invitation to the arrangers here to collaborate on a set of variations for piano on a piece of video game music. For everyone who would like to contribute, we would each write a single variation for solo piano. What piece? That's the best part, we can figure it out!

Who's in?

1. Maestro
2. AwesomeYears
3. Nocturne
4. Latios
5. CLBGM
6. Clanker
7. Nebbles
8. Insig
9. Maelstrom
10. them
11. Bloop
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mikey

unmotivated

MaestroUGC

The piece we'd choose, for best results, would have to be one agreed upon by everybody contributing.

AwesomeYears

Sebastian

Latios212

is there a certain skill level required? Because this sounds awesome, but I don't have any.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

MaestroUGC

Not really, you can always give it a shot, but if it doesn't work out at least you tried.

Latios212

Alright, in then! Thanks for the opportunity :P
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

InsigTurtle

Seems interesting. I'll give it a shot.

Jub3r7

I want to pay attention to this project so that I might write measures of some kind of "variation" that sets a world record for not being good.
Don't sign me up, but make me follow your deadlines.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

MaestroUGC

I won't be using hard and fast deadline with this, I'll just keep it open until either 1) Everybody who signs on finishes or, 2) I get tired of waiting for a few holdouts.

Jub3r7

Quote from: Jub3r7 on March 01, 2015, 09:52:52 PMI want to pay attention to this project so that I might write measures of some kind of "variation" that sets a world record for not being good.
Don't sign me up, but make me follow your deadlines.
i've created a variation of 'lost woods' entitled 'lost man' because it's about a man that trees get lost in and never return.
it's not lost woods backwards this time, i swear

every time you think you see beauty... it's abruptly destroyed by a break in pattern that will tear you apart. The chords that are created are meant to invoke passion, and then take it away again before you can even begin to enjoy it.

My work has inspirations from many composers, most that I am not aware of, but MaestroUGC was definitely one of my muses.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]