Need a music layout/edit that your Finale product can't handle? Ask here!

Started by ZeldaFan, June 02, 2008, 02:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatHiddenCharacter

Finale Notepad sucks. I'm arranging a song that has a key change and the right hand is bass clef. Notepad automatically switched the key change back the original key and it won't let me change the treble clef to bass clef. On top of that, the systems seem too widespread. Can someone raise the last six measures by two semitones (those measures should be in the key of A major), change the treble clef to bass clef (for the whole song), and fix the system spacing? Thanks in advance because I was kinda rude (feel like that's not the right word) in what I said.

File

Edit: Turns out that I have another arrangement with a similar problem. The LH is supposed to be treble clef and there's a whole page with only one measure. Can someone help with that, too?

File
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Lkjhgfdsa_77

I need some major formatting overhauls for "Legend of Skyloft" -

- stitch part 2 (3/4) directly after part 1 with double bar line between them
 - possible perfectionist way of joining the two parts together - splitting m50 into two segments with a double bar between and the last beat acting as the pickup to the second section
Look at my Musescore markup to see what I mean -
[close]
- turn text fields containing in-game text which should be off the right-hand side (as well as miscellaneous playing notes) into measure-attached dynamic markings (do not include measure numbers; these are for placement reference)
 - add "Bellicoso" (warlike) in front of pt. 1 tempo marking as measure-attached "dynamic" (if you can find a good direction for the second, calmer section of the piece, you can add it in)
 - make only m11 5/4 time (marked in score; just leave the last beat empty and keep rest of the notes in current position measure-wise)
 - add "celeste" (heavenly) as measure-attached "dynamic" in m35
 - make text-field al niente (n) markings into measure-attached "dynamics" (and if possible make playback actually reduce to nothing)
 - if possible, remove two staff dynamics and replace with one dynamic which affects both staves
 - everywhere - moar spacing between systems and staves, enough for my extensive dynamic markings as well as the in-game text below its respective measure
 - play around with measures per system - on a first run-through I've come up with m1, 2, 5, 8, 13, 16, 20, 23, 27, 31, 35, 37, 39, 41, 45, 50, and 59 (counting two parts of suggested m50 split as same measure) on new lines, but if you have any other ideas as to how to do it I'd be happy to hear them

Files -
Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on September 30, 2016, 05:22:54 PM
Legend of Skyloft (pt 1)||The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
75%, gets really weird but most of the notes are there.mid.pdf
Legend of Skyloft (pt 2)||The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
75%, short and basically complete.mid.pdf
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Bump.

Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on June 13, 2017, 06:50:17 PMI need some major formatting overhauls for "Legend of Skyloft" -

- possible perfectionist way of joining the two parts together - splitting m50 into two segments with a double bar between and the last beat acting as the pickup to the second section
[close]
- turn text fields containing in-game text which should be off the right-hand side (as well as miscellaneous playing notes) into measure-attached dynamic markings (do not include measure numbers; these are for placement reference)
 - add "Bellicoso" (warlike) in front of pt. 1 tempo marking as measure-attached "dynamic" (if you can find a good direction for the second, calmer section of the piece, you can add it in)
 - make only m11 5/4 time (marked in score; just leave the last beat empty and keep rest of the notes in current position measure-wise)
 - make text-field al niente (n) markings into measure-attached "dynamics" (and if possible make playback actually reduce to nothing)
 - if possible, remove two staff dynamics and replace with one dynamic which affects both staves
 - everywhere - moar spacing between systems and staves, enough for my extensive dynamic markings as well as the in-game text below its respective measure
 - play around with measures per system - on a first run-through I've come up with m1, 2, 5, 8, 13, 16, 20, 23, 27, 31, 35, 37, 39, 41, 45, 50, and 59 (counting two parts of suggested m50 split as same measure) on new lines, but if you have any other ideas as to how to do it I'd be happy to hear them

Files -
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Brassman388

I mean, I'm working on it but also taking a crack at other problems that I'm seeing as well within it. That cool?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uijxuc0q7dzxl4i/Legend%20of%20Skyloft%20page1.pdf?dl=0

Let me know if this is what you want, if not, I'll just follow specifically the things you need in your list.

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Quote from: Brassman388 on July 10, 2017, 01:02:26 AMI mean, I'm working on it but also taking a crack at other problems that I'm seeing as well within it. That cool?

That's fine, just make sure to also fix the things that I asked for unless you have a better solution (as is the purpose of this thread). Lots of parts in this song are pretty odd and without meter (m1-10, 41-49) so a second opinion is always nice.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Brassman388

Alright, I did some minor tweaking. All the other document formatting I'll leave to you. I don't know if the midi data is exactly the way it sounds mainly because I was focused on how the document was overall and not if Finale will play it back correctly.

Hope this helps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lpqjxxwwc8hyx5w/Legend%20of%20Skyloft.mus?dl=0

Lkjhgfdsa_77

I should've replied earlier, but...
1. The link provided leads to "Link not found."

2. While I do appreciate your own edits to the arrangement, I posted it in this thread for the formatting. I can't make my suggested edits with the version of Finale that I have (NotePad), and if I could do them myself then I wouldn't have posted here.

So, request is still quasi-open -
Original Request
Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on September 29, 1974, 07:35:01 PMI need some major formatting overhauls for "Legend of Skyloft" -

[close]

Files -
[close]

9 Dec 2017 - I have completed the necessary edits with my trial of PrintMusic; I do not need any of these edits made.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

FugalOmen

Hi,

I've made arrangements in LilyPond of "Mr. Explorer" (Solo Piano) and "Giant's Rage" (Piano Four Hands) from the game "La-Mulana". Anyone willing to make Finale .MUS files out of them? Here are the links to the .PDF files:

Mr. Explorer: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1vu5ajzt8em5u0m/Mr._Explorer.pdf
Giant's Rage: http://www.mediafire.com/file/27xnv95ri9abcfi/Giant%27s_Rage.pdf

Dudeman

For ease of access to other arrangers, the best file type to provide if you need an .mus file formatted for you is either a messy .mus file you made yourself using NotePad (which is better than no .mus at all), or a .xml file that can be imported into Finale by others. Out of curiosity, what's your arranging software of choice?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Maelstrom

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements