News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Need a music layout/edit that your Finale product can't handle? Ask here!

Started by ZeldaFan, June 02, 2008, 02:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brassman388

Visual formatting? I don't think there is, that's the whole point of having either Finale or Sibelius.

Midi info and notes, on the other hand, you can export as a musicxml file and it should do just fine. It's just you'll have to find someone nice enough to format and submit it for you.

Good luck.

AmpharosAndy

Thank you for your help, Brassman. It makes a lot more sense now. I just need to find somebody who's bothered to do stuff for me :S
innit

Latios212

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on January 06, 2017, 01:18:24 PMI just need to find somebody who's bothered to do stuff for me :S

Quote from: Sebastian on January 05, 2017, 02:20:47 PMIf you'd like, I could help you with formatting and whatnot after you've converted to Finale.

...!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

AmpharosAndy

Oh! He meant converted INTO finale, right? I thought he meant me switching from writing on sibelius to finale. Hopefully I haven't confused myself again...
innit

Brassman388

That's right?

If you input the all the correct notes and whatnot in Sibelius, then export it as a xml file, then someone (being Latios) will download the xml file, then update that same xml file in Finale to the correct standards of this site so it can be uploaded to the submission board.

Does that make sense?

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Brassman388

Sebastian

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on January 06, 2017, 01:50:10 PMOh! He meant converted INTO finale, right? I thought he meant me switching from writing on sibelius to finale. Hopefully I haven't confused myself again...
Sorry for not clarifying lol.

Pretty much what Brassman said:
Quote from: Brassman388 on January 06, 2017, 02:08:01 PMIf you input the all the correct notes and whatnot in Sibelius, then export it as a xml file, then someone (being Latios) will download the xml file, then update that same xml file in Finale to the correct standards of this site so it can be uploaded to the submission board.
I can do this for you if you so desire, Andy.

AmpharosAndy

innit

Sebastian

Sounds good, bro! You can go ahead and post whatever song you need or you can shoot me a message too if you wish.

ThatHiddenCharacter

Can someone who has finale 2014 help me? I can't add measure or page numbers to my arrangement. Actually, I could also use the mini titles that appear on every page after the first, but if no one can do that, I can probably figure that out. Thanks if someone helps.
My Arrangement
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on February 20, 2017, 09:58:13 AMCan someone who has finale 2014 help me? I can't add measure or page numbers to my arrangement. Actually, I could also use the mini titles that appear on every page after the first, but if no one can do that, I can probably figure that out. Thanks if someone helps.
My Arrangement
I have NotePad but that didn't stop me from trying. I pasted your arrangement onto the template, which automatically has the measure and page numbers as well as mini-titles. I also changed the game name from "... Wii U/3DS" to "... for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U" to match the titles on site. The last system is cutting into the copyright but if you have Finale (which by your context I think you have?) you should be able to do something about that.
Version on template

4/4 time, natural key signature, 52 bpm, proper NSM formatting -
 - m1 - RH bass clef; left repeat bar
 - m1-8 - 8vb left hand
 - m5 - two-sided repeat bar
 - m9 - RH treble clef; two-sided repeat bar
 - m13 - two-sided repeat bar
 - m17 - right repeat bar; D.C.

Or look at this file and replace the text with actual notation (preserve pitch when changing clefs and ottavas opposed to preserving written position)
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on March 05, 2017, 12:56:15 PMI have NotePad but that didn't stop me from trying. I pasted your arrangement onto the template, which automatically has the measure and page numbers as well as mini-titles. I also changed the game name from "... Wii U/3DS" to "... for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U" to match the titles on site.
Thanks!
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

PetrifiedLasagna

Hello all, just need some basic formatting.

here is the link to the .mus: dropbox: Pocky & Rocky 2 - Enchanted Country Road (solo)

so without further ado, here are the changes that I need help with.

- m1 tempo marking 132 quarter with the text "carefree"
- m1-5 bottom staff changed to bass clef
- 8vb on bottom staff from m6 to the end (m39)
- volta bracket (2nd repeat ending) at m22
- dal segno: start at m6, end/repeat at m39

Also I was wondering how the size of a tuplet is determined. Is it best to organize according to the beat (if possible)? For example, I have a 12-tuplet (don't know what to call it), but it could also be two sextuplets that each start on a beat.

Th3Gavst3r

Here you go
Judging by the YouTube results, I think this song is called Exotic Country Road. I went ahead and changed the text, but if you actually wanted it to be "Enchanted" shouldn't be a hard fix even with Notepad. Just don't forget the little text at the top of page 2 (like I almost did :P)
Also just gonna say, the second voice is highly unplayable. Not sure if you were planning on changing it but yeah.

As for tuplets, in this case I'd say that the runs are clearly separated at the point of beat 4 so sextuplets group them better. But if it were one consistent run all the way through, grouping them into one tuplet would probably be more clear.