Need a music layout/edit that your Finale product can't handle? Ask here!

Started by ZeldaFan, June 02, 2008, 02:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on May 28, 2016, 08:33:15 PMOne day I will have Finale 2014 (or higher), but for now, I'm going to visit this thread constantly. MUS

Copyright Info:

Sunsoft © 1998

(Gee, what could it be?)
Hopefully this is the right file this time!

Side note: The beaming in most of that bass part throughout the song is incorrect. I have put in an example of the correct way to beam the bottom layer in measures 3 and 4; I'll let you work on the rest of them. As for the top layer of that LH, I'm not 100% sure if that is ok or not. Could someone double check that? If not now, we can always wait until submission time or something like that.

And don't worry about constantly posting in this thread! If you really don't like visiting it so constantly, just PM me and I'll be happy to format for you.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

WaluigiTime64

Like with the other one, as wrong as it is, it's just easier to read. I see a lot of songs with that kind of note setup (Dotted Note + Dotted Note + Standard Note), so I'd rather just keep it how it is, for readability reasons. But thanks anyway! Much appreciated.

EDIT: Also looking back on it, the first page is a bit messed up. It's slightly squished horizontally, and the measures a quite far away from the bottom.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on May 28, 2016, 11:15:20 PMLike with the other one, as wrong as it is, it's just easier to read. I see a lot of songs with that kind of note setup (Dotted Note + Dotted Note + Standard Note), so I'd rather just keep it how it is, for readability reasons. But thanks anyway! Much appreciated.

EDIT: Also looking back on it, the first page is a bit messed up. It's slightly squished horizontally, and the measures a quite far away from the bottom.

Yes, it may be easier to read, but I just wanted to tell you now because you will have to change it if you decide to submit it. There is approximately a 0% chance that the updaters will allow you to keep it that way.
Also, I can fix the squished measures and the spacing when I get to a computer, but if someone gets there before me, feel free to fix it.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

WaluigiTime64

This is slightly different from usual.

I've made a nice arrangement on MuseScore, but after transferring, the pedal-markings stop working, the crescendos move out of position, and various other things make it impossible to transfer directly to NotePad. If there's someone out there with both MuseScore and Finale 2014, could they help me?

FILE

This is the MuseScore file.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

WaluigiTime64

Ok, here's a simple one. MUS

It's that other one, I just did some edits. The measures are still squished. Thanks.

PetrifiedLasagna

I just need some help with some basic edits before I can consider this finished.

First, I need 8vb on every measure for the left hand, except
-m0
-m2
-m4
-and the measures at the end starting from 21

It also looks like there is some measure crowding that impacts the general look of the sheet. The crowded systems are
-m6-8
-m9-11
-m14-16

Finally, I read that Finale can change key without transposing notes. I figured as much as I would love to go through every single two bar system and fix the notes I would just ask for that here. I am pretty confident in saying that the key is G Major.

Also, if you want to prepend "Blissful" to the tempo marking, that would be great. Of course that's just extra.  ;)

mus

Onionleaf

Hiya, here's the link to your sheet. :)

• To make the sheet less cluttered, I hid the 8vb and added comments below the left hand to show where it needs to be played an octave lower.
• I also added some clef changes to m. 2 & 4, so that it will be easier to read.
• Hopefully the systems look less crowded now too.
• Added a key signature, and the text to the tempo marking.
• Finally, I went through and made some minor changes to the beaming and some tied notes for easier viewing.

It might require some more corrections later, but at the moment it's looking super! Well done!

PetrifiedLasagna

^^^
Thanks Onionleaf! Yeah, it looks great, I never knew it was possible to have clef changes in the middle of measures. I'm learning more about composition one sheet at a time. Again, thanks for the help

daj

Need some help with layer organisation! ^^;
Thank you so much in advance! :)

Minish Cap - "Cloud Tops": MUS

There are rests on layer 2 that I can't move! Just need a little re-org.
- b. 7, upper part
- b. 13 - 18, lower part
- b. 30, upper part
- b. 38, upper part

Th3Gavst3r

Quote from: dajwxp on June 18, 2016, 06:26:49 PMNeed some help with layer organisation! ^^;
Thank you so much in advance! :)

Minish Cap - "Cloud Tops": MUS

There are rests on layer 2 that I can't move! Just need a little re-org.
- b. 7, upper part
- b. 13 - 18, lower part
- b. 30, upper part
- b. 38, upper part

Here ya go!
Fixed you up a few other things too ;)

daj

Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on June 18, 2016, 06:42:57 PMHere ya go!
Fixed you up a few other things too ;)

Ahh, the note spacing fix was my job...thank you so much man! Appreciate the effort and the extra bit of it you gave on initiative even more ^^

Th3Gavst3r

Quote from: dajwxp on June 18, 2016, 07:10:30 PMAhh, the note spacing fix was my job...thank you so much man! Appreciate the effort and the extra bit of it you gave on initiative even more ^^
Hey my pleasure! Don't forget you can tweak it until the end of time hehe

PetrifiedLasagna

I was wondering if it is possible to get a one-line staff just for cymbals in Notepad 2012. I figured I'd ask here instead of creating a new thread, because if it is not possible then I would need a sheet anyway.  :P

Example Image
[close]

mikey

unmotivated

PetrifiedLasagna

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 22, 2016, 05:36:36 PMthat's not really how it's notated though

This is my first time arranging for band orchestra, so feel free to elaborate. In the song I am arranging there is only ever one kind of cymbal used (crash) which lasts for any arbitrary amount of time. Or is there some convention that I am unaware of?