News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Need a music layout/edit that your Finale product can't handle? Ask here!

Started by ZeldaFan, June 02, 2008, 02:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Thanks so much. Didn't know about that shortcut. It's sure to come in handy.

Maelstrom

Zunawe

Oh dear. I deleted it because I thought you had gotten it. They're back because Dropbox is awesome and saves deleted files.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Maelstrom

Well, I got one. I missed the other. Got 'em now, so you can take them down

Maelstrom

OK, this is a lot this time. But I'll have finale in less than a week (hopefully) so this won't need to happen yet again.
It's the Undersea Palace from Chrono Trigger in the form of a two Piano version and a solo version. The last parts of the Duet still need worked out, so it's only in one hand for the moment:
Solo (.mus) Two Pianos (.mus)
Both need:
--Measure numbers
--Removal of Pno. abbreviations
--Tempo Markings (quarter=142)
--Repeats that play back
--Back to measure 8 thing that works
--In Measure 21, the 32nd note needs to become a grace note and the double dot turned into a quarter
--Double bar lines on measure 32
--Re-arrangement of measures on page (especially duet)

Duet Needs:
--More than 2 lines per page
--Fixing of 8va markings that end at the 2nd measure of pg 3 (where left hand goes high)
--Right after ending of 8vb, right stays 8va while left goes into treble clef (notes are in correct octave)

Questions:
--Do the key changes need to be put in? It seems unnecessary. If added, please remember the double bar lines.
--Should there be twice as many notes per measure as I have now? Is there an easy fix? Correct time signature?
--Should the lowest parts be in the same hand?
--Any large inaccuracies? It's a first draft and I'm trying to get the formatting in as soon as possible, so there will be major revisions coming.

I'm leaving for a family vacation in the mountains and won't get any wi-fi, so I won't respond to anything until Sunday afternoon.

bvisness

This arrangement needs just a few things done to it so the .mus is ready for submission:

1. Add measure numbers
2. Add a real tempo marking (currently it's just text)
3. Remove the stupid "Pno." before every line
4. Add a real 8vb marking on measures 61-62

Thanks!

Zunawe

Maelstrom:
One Piano
Two Pianos
I think I got everything. The song is in 3/4, and there were a few grace notes you didn't mention. You'll have to ask someone somewhere else about the arrangement itself beyond that.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Maelstrom

This'll be my last request here ever, unless I decide to mess around with my older, unfinished stuff.

Solo (.mus) Two Pianos (.mus)

It just needs a key change with double bar lines to A minor in measures 45-52 on both pieces (The second part where it repeats)
Then I'll finally submit it.

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Maelstrom

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Maelstrom

Crud. I forgot to add that the last two bars of the left had 2nd piano need to be 8vb

JDMEK5

My Arrangements

Maelstrom

From where ever the chord starts. I want another layer instead of just laying it overtop of the other hand.

JDMEK5

My Arrangements