News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

NSM Weekly

Started by braix, February 25, 2015, 10:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

I'll try to have something written by tonight.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 27, 2015, 08:26:57 AMLatios, I like your zeal and think you'd make a great head writer, but you need to submit an actual story before it's official.

Not sure what to put, but here you go

NSM Weekly
Delivering NSM News Since 2015

Issue #000
by Latios212, Master Reporter
27 February, 2015

Member Spotlight
This week has seen the arrival of three new ambitious members. Welcome, Pianist Da Sootopolis, Kecleon, and Yug_Guy!

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on February 25, 2015, 06:14:23 PMI haven't found something on here I can't at least sight read through all the way.
A new member who has already shown he knows a thing or two about music, PDS's arrangements and recordings are definitely things to watch for in the future.

Quote from: Kecleon on February 26, 2015, 11:55:15 AMWazzup People I'm Kecleon. I'm working on Pokémon Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire songs that no one else has created.
For This project only I use Widi.
Not only is Kecleon apparently the sole user of "Widi", but he has also taken on the task of arranging missing songs in the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald soundtrack. Excellent!

Quote from: Yug_Guy on February 27, 2015, 07:24:11 PMHello All! I'm Yug Guy (call me whatever you want, I really don't care), and I've been using this site for quite awhile, but it's only now that I've decided to start making contributions!
gotta go submit my first sheet now!
A guy with an awesome palindromic name who's already contributed. :)

It's good to have more chill people around. Especially given a certain someone won't be returning, NSM Forums is taking steps back toward being the welcoming, conflict-free place of discussion and assistance that is has been and should be.

New Activities
A bunch of new activities are starting to get some attention.

NSM Daily
braixen1264's small idea has grown into a (hopefully) regularly updated newsletter. Of course, this happened...
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 26, 2015, 08:05:43 AMI'll take over the publication as chief editor.

Comedy 101
Using questionable teaching methods...
Quote from: braixen1264 on February 27, 2015, 07:45:36 AMHow you taught the lesson? With a horribly written example of a comedic story.
Maestro's class seems to work anyway.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 27, 2015, 06:46:27 PM
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on February 27, 2015, 03:45:54 PM
Quote from: Nebbles on February 27, 2015, 03:33:33 PMHOW COULD YOU
WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THE KIDS
Sandwiches. :)
someone help me I'm laughing so hard I fell out of my chair and can't get up

Secret Valentine 2015!
Quote from: Ruto on February 14, 2015, 01:01:20 PMI recall doing this before but I guess that we all need LOEV more this year than anything else!
A great opportunity to bring people at NSM closer together, this project is nearing completion!

This Week in Quotes
Quote from: Bespinben on February 26, 2015, 10:41:17 PMThere is a SpongeBob quote for everything.
Quote from: AwesomeYears on February 27, 2015, 07:07:19 PMI go there to take my daily dose of cringe  :P
Quote from: Shadoninja on February 26, 2015, 05:46:45 PMHELLA. GROOVY.
Quote from: Yugi on February 27, 2015, 04:33:12 PMDude injures herself.
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on February 27, 2015, 01:05:07 PMyou have a room in your house that is completely inaccessible
who approved that

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

AwesomeYears

Yay, I got a quote of the week  :D

Sebastian

I love it! Excellent work!

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Sebastian

BlackDragonSlayer

See: "This Week in Quotes" section.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

TWG SCANDAL: CREATOR MISSING IN ACTION
The TWG Game may be inactive, but its participant's minds are quite the opposite as everyone wonders the same thing: WHERE'S DAVY?!  The creator has been gone for several hours now, and the phase update is much overdue.  Unable to find the creator himself, I interviewed a few of the players to try to establish the local opinion on Davy's disappearance.

emcee_mikey: Mariolegofan!  NocturneOfShadow, NSM Weekly.
mariolegofan: Hey.
emcee_mikey: Would you be available for a quick interview?
mariolegofan: Of course!
emcee_mikey: Great!
emcee_mikey: So, are you currently playing in TWG LXXV?
mariolegofan: Yes, the first I actually enjoy. (Mariolegofan spit his tongue out at me here)
emcee_mikey: Awesome!  Now, how balanced do you feel this game is?
mariolegofan: Well, honestly, it's boring.  I guess Davy being gone today just slowed it down a little.  He should be back soon!  Then it will pick up again!
emcee_mikey: Interesting.  So davy is gone?  Where do you think he is?
mariolegofan: Well, today is [his] birthday.....hopefully he isn't dead. (At this point he defies logic and makes an "X" shape with his mouth)
emcee_mikey: Hm... that's quite a macabre thought.  So do you feel confident in a victory for your team at this point?
mariolegofan: Perhaps, I am still fairly new at the game.
emcee_mikey: Well, thanks very much!  One more quick question:  Could you tell us what role you are?
(at this point mariolegofan left the interview.)

emcee_mikey: Hi Bubbles!  NocturneOfShadow from NSM Weekly.  Are you available for a few quick questions?
bubbles: Sure.
emcee_mikey: So, how much fun would you say the current game is?
bubbles: On a scale from 1-10, about a 3 (sorry!!)
emcee_mikey: Oh, well that's a shame.  Any particular reason why?
bubbles: TWG is fun, but no one is even posting so there's not much playing going on.  But there's some interesting roles so its still kinda fun.
emcee_mikey: Well that's nice.  How confident are you in a victory for your team at this point?
bubbles: Not really sure actually, since the humans seem pretty [CENSORED].
emcee_mikey: Given the disappearance of game's creator Davy, what do you think will transpire next?
bubbles: He's out enjoying his birthday!! Give the man a break- at least he has an excuse for being inactive.
emcee_mikey: Mariolegofan said he might have died.  Do you believe this theory holds any sway?
bubbles: Possibly.  I don't know where he would've gotten that idea from; it's always possible for that to happen though
emcee_mikey: Really.  Do you think Mariolegofan might be behind the attempt to end davy's life?
bubbles: You seem pretty confident that hes already dead/goin to be dead soon.
[at this point my editor in chief walks in]
maestro: So I just walked into something.
bubbles: Personally i'm more suspicious of you than mlf.
bubbles: yeah maestro hes interviewing me on illegal stuff!  [I'm a tattletale!]
emcee_mikey: Hehe... now see here, I'm just the reporter.  I'm not actually RESPONSIBLE for anything persay.
bubbles: trying to get me to spill twg secret beans!
emcee_mikey: Alright, alright, let's not be hasty.  I just have one more question for you: What is your role?
bubbles: my role is to keep everyone happy and not doing illegal stuff
emcee_mikey: ...It was worth a shot.

Well folks- there you have it.  Out enjoying a birthday, or possibly murdered in cold blood?  YOU DECIDE!
unmotivated

MaestroUGC

We will not allow such pedestrian garbage on such a sophisticated publication. TWG has no place in NSM Weekly, take it to the tabloids, like Sheetz Magazine.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mikey

it was never about the TWG.  It was about sending a message.
unmotivated

Maelstrom

I demand a insider report on Simmer's Kingdon

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 27, 2015, 09:44:10 PMI demand a insider report on Simmer's Kingdon
Not in the budget.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

AwesomeYears

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 27, 2015, 09:44:10 PMI demand a insider report on Simmer's Kingdon
What about me? I'm infamous in that forum!

mikey

So here's what I think:  Each week, we find a headline story and 2 other little diddys that don't matter so much and PM them to Maestro for editing.  He sends it to zoroark, who picks and chooses and then on Saturday/Sunday he or maestro posts it into the thread.
unmotivated