[SNES] Super Mario RPG - "Forest Maze" (Replacement) by mariolegofan

Started by Zeta, February 23, 2015, 07:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

I think we've had the discussion before one which names to use in the past, but I don't think a final decision was ever made in favor of either "OST name" or "Commonly used name". That said, I think using the official names should be used, but if you were to go with "Official/Common" here, I think it would be fine. You'd have to talk to Olimar et al about it, though.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Maelstrom

I'm not usually against using the official name, but in this case, it is not instantly obvious that "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms" is "Forest Maze", especially when some quick searches on youtube bring of versions with 10 times more views for Forest Maze than Beware et al.

Bespinben

Beautiful edits MLF. I made a few more:
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

*The lower voice of the LH at m. 17-24 strikes each time; it doesn't get sustained over the measure; also, pedal markings for improved legato effect
*I like what you did at m. 24, but it was impracticable distribution of the parts between the hands. The way you had it, one would have to jump with the RH from the C#6 down to the F#4 simultaneously with the LH jumping from the F#4 to the F#1. I changed it so that the RH would play the melody when in came in in halfway through the measure.
*Layout nazi stuff (made page size from 80% to 85%, fixed misaligned layers, etc. etc.)

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 03, 2015, 11:36:04 AMI'm not usually against using the official name, but in this case, it is not instantly obvious that "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms" is "Forest Maze", especially when some quick searches on youtube bring of versions with 10 times more views for Forest Maze than Beware et al.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on March 03, 2015, 11:30:05 AMif you were to go with "Official/Common" here, I think it would be fine.
The PMD2 soundtrack is notoriously afflicted with this dilemma ("Don't Ever Forget" vs. "I Don't Want to Say Goodbye" -- obvious). I've been wanting a "official/common" system like this for a LONG time. If you campaign it Maestro, you got my support.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Sebastian

Ok! Thanks Bespinben!
Could you edit the files to the OP for me and accept it? It might be easier than if I download them and reupload them.

Olimar12345

An official release of a soundtrack is an official release, regardless of which region it releases in. "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms" is what I believe to be the most accurate. I'd rather have a translation of an official title than some common youtube title.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bespinben

OP edited.

So wait, how do you change the name on the site then? I can't change the name through NSM panel because it's a replacement.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Olimar12345

It's something that has to be done after it's uploaded. As long as the files are correct, I'll fix the rest.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot

Olimar12345

Not yet, Bespinben. There are still wrong notes, missing mordents, incorrect formatting errors, and other small nuisances that I was typing up a reply about! I'll just update the files with the changes made, but MarioLegoFan: In the future, start using the file info!