Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Paper Mario
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: The Tile Pool
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: mariolegofan

Maelstrom

Needs some reworking. Missing the intro, and there is never just one voice at any given time.
Don't just skip voices because they are hard to hear.
And you have overlapping accidentals and slurs/dynamics.
Not to mention the excessive ledger lines. Use 8va markings to fix that.
And listen and input the key changes. They are prominent.

Maelstrom

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this may be plagiarism as well.
Take a look at this midi.
Quite a few lines look identical, as if they were copied directly out of the midi into a finale file.
Can I prove that Sammer did not come to the exact same notes and chords by chance? No. But finale does have a habit of overlapping accidentals when something is copy>pasted. This also explains the lack of an intro, as the midi does not have an intro that would copy/paste well onto piano.

King Sammer

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 22, 2015, 06:17:33 PMI'm not 100% sure, but I think this may be plagiarism as well.
Take a look at this midi.
Quite a few lines look identical, as if they were copied directly out of the midi into a finale file.
Can I prove that King did not come to the exact same notes and chords by chance? No. But finale does have a habit of overlapping accidentals when something is copy>pasted. This also explains the lack of an intro, as the midi does not have an intro that would copy/paste well onto piano.
No.

It somehow turned out the same as the midi.

That's why you think I'm plagiarizing!

And no, I did not steal Swoon.exe either. And I'm on my brother's computer, so I can't post Get Cooking on here right now.
Oh ho! What a performance! And what exotic garb you drape yourself in, challenger!

King Sammer

Quote from: King on February 22, 2015, 06:24:12 PMNo.

It somehow turned out the same as the midi.

That's why you think I'm plagiarizing!

And no, I did not steal Swoon.exe either. And I'm on my brother's computer, so I can't post Get Cooking on here right now.
Reason?

I don't do intros for long songs
Oh ho! What a performance! And what exotic garb you drape yourself in, challenger!

Nebbles

...why wouldn't you do intros, regardless of length? If it's part of the song, you should arrange it regardless.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Latios212

You say you don't plagiarize? Prove it by arranging a beginning.  Then we'll believe you.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

EVERYTHING in the original is required including the intros.
And I'll be darn if this isn't part of a midi.....

And this:
Quote from: Latios212 on February 22, 2015, 07:01:14 PMYou say you don't plagiarize? Prove it by arranging a beginning.  Then we'll believe you.

King Sammer

Quote from: Mario Lego Fan on February 22, 2015, 07:02:35 PMEVERYTHING in the original is required including the intros.
And I'll be darn if this isn't part of a midi.....
How about Bloop's Francis Battle (for example)? It's missing the intro.

blueflower999

Stop using Bloop as an excuse for justifying your inept arranging.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Bespinben

Bloop HAS arranged Francis Battle, as a solo, WITH the intro (http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=2141.msg242467#msg242467).
It's just not on-site yet.

And, by the way, the one on-site that you're citing to justify yourself was submitted in January 2012 (http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=4090.msg135172#msg135172).
Quality standards have improved since then.

tl;dr - Stop trying to drag us back to the dark ages.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Xaoz

Quote from: blueflower999 on February 22, 2015, 07:56:11 PMStop using Bloop as an excuse for justifying your inept arranging.

Exactly! Just because Bloop does not know what he is doing, does not mean you have to set your standards to his low level! Imagine everyone delivering sheets of Bloop's quality! What a horrible idea!

Spoiler
I <3 Bloop
[close]

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

King Sammer

Excuse me, but I will arrange it; as soon as I'm doing with Get Cooking.

Sebastian

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999