[Wii] Xenoblade Chronicles - "Riki's Tenderness" by Nebbles

Started by Zeta, February 17, 2015, 01:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 20, 2015, 11:13:14 AMAnd, it might look a little nicer if it were a little smaller. Maybe the % tool could fix that.
If you're going to go down that road, then it's not so much the size that's the issue, but the layout and the careful distribution of whitespace. Using the space system evenly tool doesn't generally give you nice layout. eg on the first page, the composer and arranger info could be lower so it's not so cramped up and then move the systems closer to compensate. Similarly, on the second page the top system is too far up for the amount of space available to work with on that page.

But that just depends how finicky/perfectionist/professional/whatever you want to be about these things.

Nebbles

How necessary do you think it is for submission on the site? That's my main concern here, having the sheet up to site standards.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bespinben

I've reformatted the first page so far. I didn't change any notes, just the presentation. The most important thing here was distributing 4 measures per system (c.f. "hypermeter").

The only concern I have about the arrangement itself, the notes, is that I don't the "motion" of m. 20 was captured well enough. I think the octave of the bass strings and glockenspiel playing alternating 8ths really contribute to that.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Nebbles

Bespinben

Yeah, I can take care of the aesthetic OCD junk (this time anyway, haha). Just worry about creating a solid arrangement ;) Actually, I think it starts picking up very slightly even before m. 20; the other instruments that come in like the harp at m. 13 and the (very subtle) background string section at m. 15 (more emphasis at m. 17) should weigh into your choice of the octave and inversion of your LH chords.

Nebbles

Maelstrom

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 20, 2015, 11:13:14 AMAdditionally, measure 9 might look a little cleaner if those unnecessary 2nd layer rests were hidden, as they are in measure 20.
This too, in case you missed my comment.
And the chords in 22 and 23 sound pretty off.
In case you were wondering, yes, I did print this out and play it.

Nebbles

Agh, I've been sick the past few days + bogged with schoolwork :( I'll try my best to get stuff done when I can.

Bespinben

*le poke*

(Side question to my nagging: Did you arrange this to be playable on a keyboard Nebbles? I know before you've mentioned that the piano/keyboard you have lacks a pedal, and looking at the way you wrote the accompaniment, it seems to match the profile. I just want to know so that way I don't make silly suggestions like "play arpeggios or something" to create an effect.)

Nebbles

Yeah, I have a keyboard. And ugh, I'll work on this when I feel like it, sorry. I've been occupied.

Bespinben

Nebbles

I did do a few edits, but I lost them when my old computer died, and I haven't gone back to it yet because of schoolwork.

Bespinben

Dang that sucks. I could whip up a draft of some things I had in mind for the creative changes/incorporating other parts, if you'd like. Spring/Summer classes aren't as time intensive as previous semester, so I'm available if you need it.

Nebbles

Oh, that draft would be really helpful if you don't mind.

Olimar12345

I added dynamics and the pedal markings into the files on the OP. Bespinben, PM me if you still wanted to tweak with it, but for now it seems acceptable.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!