[N64] The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - "Calling the Four Giants" by Bespinben & Xaoz

Started by Zeta, February 13, 2015, 11:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Console: Nintendo 64
Title: Calling the Four Giants
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arrangers: Bespinben & Xaoz

[attachment deleted by admin]

Xaoz

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

Bloop

I'd personally use a normal repeat sign here instead of a D.C., but aside from that, I call for accepted.

EDIT: Also, the C#-E on beat 3 in m. 6 looks more like a C-E to me. Might wanna fix that.

Bespinben

Oh good catch on the C# thing. Fixed. And the repeat system too. I gave some more breathing room in between the systems also.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Xaoz

Quote from: Bespinben on February 14, 2015, 09:33:27 AMOh good catch on the C# thing. Fixed. And the repeat system too. I gave some more breathing room in between the systems also.

I cannot believe it was not perfect :(

Bespinben

mikey

unmotivated

Xaoz

mikey

unmotivated

Xaoz

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 14, 2015, 10:59:59 AMso what happens when you switch it from "rish" to "wisdow"

It will unleash the power of common-sense on humanity. Don't do this!

The Deku Trombonist

Hmmm.... on listening to the original, perhaps take a closer listen to the lower notes at the start of the arpeggios.

Bespinben

At measure 7, at Xaoz's suggestion, I did a one level inversion upwards on each of the arpeggio notes, if that's what you getting at. We didn't want the texture to be too gritty, and he also thought it looked odd for a D in layer 1 to be played right after the same D in layer 2.

Xaoz

Quote from: Bespinben on February 14, 2015, 05:40:06 PMAt measure 7, at Xaoz's suggestion, I did a one level inversion upwards on each of the arpeggio notes, if that's what you getting at. We didn't want the texture to be too gritty, and he also thought it looked odd for a D in layer 1 to be played right after the same D in layer 2.

That's why you wanted my name on it! To blame it all on me! Damn!

Bespinben

The Deku Trombonist

In bar 10 the A on beat 2 is an F.

Suppose I'm a lurker. I haven't read this topic or anything and I've just come to download this sheet of my favourite song from Majora's Mask. I'm going to be in for a bit of a surprise when I get to bar 7 (becomes especially obvious at the top of the arpeggios). Also, there's something to be said for the reinforcing power of that D at the start of every arpeggio (which finally moves on the last bar of the phrase). As for gritty texture, that's obviously a matter of opinion, but having gone to a piano and played this I'd have to disagree that's it's gritty.