[GCN] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - "Great Sea" (Replacement) by Zunawe

Started by Zeta, February 12, 2015, 03:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AwesomeYears

Zunawe

Quote from: JesterMusician on April 09, 2015, 12:35:55 PMSo I have the official piano arrangement for this song (part of The Legend of Zelda Series for Piano). I must say, your arrangement is more than just better than the original submission: it's extremely similar to this published score! (that's a compliment to your arranging, not an accusation of plagiarism) =)

I want to be hesitant with my criticism so as to not make it sound exactly like the published score...but you should know there are really very few differences. I won't say anything specific that this book does differently, but I can say a few things about the arrangement that I could have told you without it:

• You should add dynamics.
  • The right hand of 1-8 is unique; 41-48 and 71-78 are different from it (but identical to each other).
  • The Eb in 50 (and similar figures) should be spelled as D#.
  • The last three notes of 13 and 14 should be G-G-D, 39 and 40 should be C-C-G.
  • Consider wrapping up 17-24 in a prima volta, and 33-40 in a seconda volta, just like the volta system later in the piece.

There are also a couple of aesthetic differences, and perhaps some very minor inaccuracies, but I don't think I can divulge them. Besides, there's already very little room for improvement with this arrangement, in my opinion. Well done!

(Okay, I'll mention ONE thing that you were concerned with: despite the piece's interior repeats, the book says D.S. at the end with a Segno marker at 9.)
Thanks!

Added a few dynamics
I heard the difference between the right hand chords just before I read your comment. I think I accidentally changed them from earlier.
Changed the Eb, but didn't see any similar measures.
Fixed 13, 14, 39, 40
I'd rather keep the first section linear. Measures 13/14 and 29/30 are distinctly different, meaning I'd get four measures in before I'd have to start the ending.
As for the D.S., Finale only has D.S. al Coda and D.S. al Fine, neither of which fit the format.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Zunawe

I'd like to make a note of it now so I have other people to remind me later. The "Go to" is an infinite loop, so when the midi is created, it loops until the midi is at a maximum length. I'll need to export the midi with a repeat instead before the sheet is accepted.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Tobbeh99

emm, I think you uploaded wrong files. The mus. and pdf. files are "Surf theme" from pokémon R/B/Y.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Zunawe

I program things

Zeta