News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

Questions, Questions, Questions

Started by ZeldaFan, February 02, 2015, 11:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

I thought it wasn't a big deal
like, we get multiple every year
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 26, 2015, 10:49:19 PMI thought it wasn't a big deal
like, we get multiple every year

Next one isn't until 2033 if my source is to be believed
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Plus, any space events are just really cool.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Ruto

Time to use my experience from amateur astronomy to give my two cents:

It's really unlikely the moon would turn blood red.

>_>

A perigee moon is nice to look at, especially if you see it rising. Full moons rise at around 6 PM. A harvest moon is the larger than average looking full moon that rises in the fall season. However, for the lunar eclipse, the moon will not necessarily move into the Earth's umbra (reaching totality) at moonrise. As the moon reaches higher and higher, it appears to be smaller. I'm told that for the East Coast it won't reach totality until about 9 PM which is already a few hours after moonrise and would look much smaller...so we might be getting a normal looking moon ._. A big red moon coming over the horizon probably isn't what a lot of you would see.

If you want a really cool looking moon, set up a camera with telephoto (for a long focal length) as soon as the moon starts to rise.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

braix

Quote from: Ruto on September 26, 2015, 11:21:48 PMI'm told that for the East Coast it won't reach totality until about 9 PM which is already a few hours after moonrise and would look much smaller...so we might be getting a normal looking moon ._. A big red moon coming over the horizon probably isn't what a lot of you would see.
Then what about the rest of N.America?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Ruto

It looks like you guys might see the eclipse at moonrise or a bit before :O since PST is -3 hours from EST.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/sunday-s-supermoon-total-lunar-eclipse-when-and-where-to-see-it1/

If you get a good unobstructed view omg try to get a nice picture. I have a 55-250 mm lens that I'll definitely be using at its max focal length. Then I might submit the photo to the science magazine. CLOUDS BETTER NOT SHOW UP TOMORROW.

mikey

Quote from: Ruto on September 27, 2015, 12:03:32 AMIt looks like you guys might see the eclipse at moonrise or a bit before :O since PST is -3 hours from EST.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/sunday-s-supermoon-total-lunar-eclipse-when-and-where-to-see-it1/

If you get a good unobstructed view omg try to get a nice picture. I have a 55-250 mm lens that I'll definitely be using at its max focal length. Then I might submit the photo to the science magazine. CLOUDS BETTER NOT SHOW UP TOMORROW.
I don't have a real camera :<
unmotivated

Ruto

Borrow a telescope :o I have binoculars that I normally use for the moon too! Two pairs, I got one from a box of things my neighbor almost threw out!

ZeldaFan

#116 - September 28, 2015
Have you ever tried to sell something online?
What was it and were you successful?

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Sebastian

braix

I'm trying to sell custom stuff I make in Photoshop for streamers and stuff. So far I've made 10 bucks which isn't great, but maybe I'll get some exposure by doing more of these and be somewhat successful
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

blueflower999

I once bought a special-edition Gameboy at a yard sale for 3$ and sold it online for about 75.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Dude

I sold pokemon cards to Ruto if that counts

Pianist Da Sootopolis

@Blood Moon thingy: I watched it, it was super cool.
Also Slow the next one is in 2018 I think.
@Selling shtuff: nop I dun trust teh internet most of the time selling stuff.
what is shitpost

mikey

unmotivated