[Wii] Super Paper Mario - "An Unrivaled Battle" by King Sammer

Started by Zeta, February 01, 2015, 03:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Sammer

Oh ho! What a performance! And what exotic garb you drape yourself in, challenger!

Bespinben

I think in this process you've learned a lot King Sammer. I admire that. In some cases though, I think having some kind of model to see what you're sheets could/should be is helpful. Because of that, I decided to reformat your sheet myself. Don't worry, I didn't really change the notes - just the way they were presented. I hope this will help you to know what to expect when we say "this could use some more dynamics and articulation".

[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

(Don't worry - you don't have to do pictures lol)
(I do recommend composing endings if you have ideas for them though)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

King Sammer

Quote from: Bespinben on February 11, 2015, 12:19:26 AMI think in this process you've learned a lot King Sammer. I admire that. In some cases though, I think having some kind of model to see what you're sheets could/should be is helpful. Because of that, I decided to reformat your sheet myself. Don't worry, I didn't really change the notes - just the way they were presented. I hope this will help you to know what to expect when we say "this could use some more dynamics and articulation".

[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

(Don't worry - you don't have to do pictures lol)
(I do recommend composing endings if you have ideas for them though)

Should I credit you for this?
Oh ho! What a performance! And what exotic garb you drape yourself in, challenger!

King Sammer

Bespinben

Of course you can still work on your old sheet! What I'm showing you is a model, and that it doesn't have to be exactly like mine. I just expect you to see that there are still things that can (and should) be fine-tuned in your sheet. Some of the big issues include:

1.) No tempo marking (thus the "vicace con brio" in mine)
2.) Transcription errors (measure 1, the intro, just has one voice, not two; beat 4 of every measure in the right hand is 2 eighths, not 2 sixteenths + an eighth; the bass lines comes in immediately at measure 2, not at measure 6)
3.) Efficiency of notation (you wrote mf, then f, then ff, then f -- that's what crescendos and decrescendos are for!)(measure 6-9 identical to m. 10-13, therefore a repeat sign could accommodate that)

At the heart of the matter, I just don't want you settling for mediocre work King Sammer. Don't ask "is it good enough for you now?", but ask yourself "what more can I improve upon?"

King Sammer

How do I edit the music note thing? I want to make it 130 but it reads 100 and I can't edit it

King Sammer

King Sammer

Bespinben

Quote from: Bespinben on February 11, 2015, 02:47:53 PM2.) Transcription errors
(measure 1, the intro, just has one voice, not two;
beat 4 of every measure in the right hand is 2 eighths, not 2 sixteenths + an eighth
)

3.) Efficiency of notation (you wrote mf, then f, then ff, then f -- that's what crescendos and decrescendos are for!)
(measure 6-9 identical to m. 10-13, therefore a repeat sign could accommodate that)

^^^^^^^^^^^
you fixed two things, but not the rest of them

And about the repeat sign -- yes you put one in, but not in the most efficient way. If you want separate dynamics for m. 6-9 vs. 10-13 even though they're identical, just write in "mf 1st time; f 2nd time" or something like that.

Xaoz

Quote from: Bespinben on February 12, 2015, 09:06:47 PM^^^^^^^^^^^
you fixed two things, but not the rest of them

And about the repeat sign -- yes you put one in, but not in the most efficient way. If you want separate dynamics for m. 6-9 vs. 10-13 even though they're identical, just write in "mf 1st time; f 2nd time" or something like that.

Please stop. You already messed up Sammer's sheet before. Do you even know what an octave is?!

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

Bespinben

Hmm.... octave? you mean like that one Roman military commander dude?

Bloop

mikey

unmotivated

King Sammer

King Sammer