News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[NDS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - "The Steel Samurai" by McDucky

Started by Zeta, January 29, 2015, 09:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: The Steel Samurai
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: McDucky

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maelstrom

You probably want to double check this.....
The formatting is just downright bad in places.
I'm 100% positive measure 5 needs reworked.

McDucky

Quote from: Maelstrom on January 29, 2015, 09:47:01 AMThe formatting is just downright bad in places.
More specifically? 
I have updated the sheet. Some of the formatting was fixed, some measures corrected and the L.H rythm adjusted in places to match the original.

Maelstrom

Quote from: McDucky on January 30, 2015, 04:22:55 PMMore specifically? 
measure 28: Use L to flip note stems
30: Use / to break barring over rest
In  quite a few places, the notes are squashed. I find that clicking on the measure(s) with a note of a high value and Ctrl+U fixes it pretty well.
Also, in places like measure 22+24, you need to delete the first lower note and re-input it so that it lines up properly.

McDucky

Thank you, I don't have much experience with Finale  :-\     
Edit: And it seems the .mus file here didn't update properly. Writing sheets in Finale 2014 means having to export them to 2012 files, which gets confusing

Maelstrom

Much better. Measure 5 still sounds a bit off, but it might just be me. Now there are a few note beaming issues. You know, just making sure the beat always visible. Shouldn't take too much work.

McDucky

Measure 5 is based on the original SDAT data, so it should be right.
I changed/fixed some beams, but my knowledge when it comes to proper formating is limited. 
I also respelled the chord in measure 25 to a C7 instead of F♭ flat5 aug5

Maelstrom

How's this?
[.mus]
Just changed the formatting and measure 5.

McDucky

Maelstrom

No, not really. It's a strong accent that applies to both staves. It's just simply a stylistic choice.

Bespinben

Some cross-stave notation would work wonders with measure 21-24. Some sustain pedal too.
(Seeing as you have Finale 2014 this should be possible for you!)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

McDucky

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 05, 2015, 10:36:33 AMNo, not really. It's a strong accent that applies to both staves. It's just simply a stylistic choice.
I see. Having both sfz and mf next to eachother looks a bit cluttered, so I changed it to an accent.

Quote from: Bespinben on February 05, 2015, 10:46:21 AMSome cross-stave notation would work wonders with measure 21-24. Some sustain pedal too.
(Seeing as you have Finale 2014 this should be possible for you!)
I didn't even know cross-staff notation was a thing! It sure looks better when it's all connected and without the rests underneath the notes.
Not sure how I do sustain properly  :-[
I changed the tempo to match the original, which is exactly 140 BPM; quite fast.

Bespinben

*Measure 1-4 should be big full chords in the OST
*M. 5-8 ~ The way you interpret the LH percussion line as being "Eb-Bb" is questionable in my mind, as the key is C minor. If anything, just use some combination of quartal tones derived from Cmsus7 (C, D, F, G, Bb) to keep the tonality ambiguous until m. 13.
*M. 8-10 ~ I think the original octave register of some of these melody lines were different in the OST, unless you decided this was intentional for playability.
*M. 14 ~ Rhythm grouping in the RH. That "D" quarter note just before beat 3 needs to be an eighth-tied-eighth.
*M. 26 ~ That "F" on beat 3.5 in the RH doesn't need to be tied. Just a dotted quarter will suffice.

Just a general feeling... could you make this more "piano-y"? Right now it kind of feels like just notes on a piece of paper. A lot of factors could play into this, but I think if you address m. 1-4 and m. 5-8 well, that should cover a lot of ground.

Bespinben

McDucky, are you able to fix this soon? I've been deleting a lot of inactive submissions recently, but since I know you're usually around, I want to give your song a chance.

McDucky

Quote from: Bespinben on June 19, 2015, 03:16:27 PMMcDucky, are you able to fix this soon? I've been deleting a lot of inactive submissions recently, but since I know you're usually around, I want to give your song a chance.
I'll try!
The version here is actually outdated. I'll tweak the score and update it