News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Update, Tuesday 27th of January 2015

Started by The Deku Trombonist, January 27, 2015, 05:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

It's kinda odd to see an update that isn't on a holiday now. Glad the new system is working well!
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Sebastian

Quote from: K-NiGhT on January 28, 2015, 03:17:04 PMIt's kinda odd to see an update that isn't on a holiday now. Glad the new system is working well!
I agree!
Never thought I'd see the day when we'd have regular updates! :)

Cobraroll

I'll once again use the occasion to praise the new submissions system, which seems to be working stellarly.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

The Deku Trombonist

Thanks Cobra! It's good to see you're still around.

Dude

As much as I hate being a Debby Downer, what's the reason for adding another global mod? Kef was doing fine by himself iirc especially with Deku as an additional administrator. Or am I missing something?

Maelstrom

^He has a point. I'd rather have another updater than a global mod.

SlowPokemon

I don't remember the last time I saw Deku actively posting outside of music boards, and it would be nice for Kefka not to be the be-all-end-all authority.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sebastian

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 04, 2015, 06:41:46 AMI don't remember the last time I saw Deku actively posting outside of music boards, and it would be nice for Kefka not to be the be-all-end-all authority.
Very True

Dude

But iirc, pushing the report button like you're effing supposed to notifies all mods and above, right? Some clarification would be nice.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude

Jamaha

Quote from: Dude on February 04, 2015, 07:24:26 AMBut iirc, pushing the report button like you're effing supposed to notifies all mods and above, right? Some clarification would be nice.

Yes, it does.

As for adding another moderator, I posted this in the staff board but I probably should post it here as well:

I haven't been too happy with the state of the forums for a while now. The atmosphrere has felt rather toxic, especially regarding some, let's say, less likable members.

And yes, technically we have two admins in addition to Kefka being a mod. However, as Deku said, he's mostly in the webmaster / updater position and not really a moderator. Additionally, me and Deku both live in time zones that are not ideal for moderating the forum. Usually when I wake up in the morning shit has already hit the fan and it's too late to do anything. This essentially leaves Kefka as the only person that's around to moderate the forum when it is most active. And of course he can't be online all the time.

So because of this, I had been thinking of finding another person to fill the void, so to say. The forums have also been rather active, so it's not like having more mods would be a bad idea. This also happened to be the time that Maestro messaged me regarding the state of the forums and volunteering to become a moderator. He had rather good views regarding the forum, so I thought why not. Of course, I had concerns regarding his persona on the forums but thought it wouldn't be that big of a deal. I discussed the matter with Kefka and Deku. Kefka disagreed, Deku agreed. Eventually I decided that he could be a good choice for a moderator. That's pretty much how it went down.

If you have any further concerns, let me know.

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 03, 2015, 07:09:55 PM^He has a point. I'd rather have another updater than a global mod.

Also, there isn't really a quota for staff positions. I'll add more people if the situation warrants. Maestro being a moderator has no effect on the number of updaters. Ideally we would have enough updaters to process the update queue as it forms, but that requires finding the right people. Of course, considering I know nothing of arranging, you're better off discussing this with Deku instead of me.

Dude

Yay. A reason. And a good one at that!

Maestro, you have my blessings.

Sebastian

Quote from: Jamaha on February 05, 2015, 09:04:48 AMYes, it does.

As for adding another moderator, I posted this in the staff board but I probably should post it here as well:

I haven't been too happy with the state of the forums for a while now. The atmosphrere has felt rather toxic, especially regarding some, let's say, less likable members.

And yes, technically we have two admins in addition to Kefka being a mod. However, as Deku said, he's mostly in the webmaster / updater position and not really a moderator. Additionally, me and Deku both live in time zones that are not ideal for moderating the forum. Usually when I wake up in the morning shit has already hit the fan and it's too late to do anything. This essentially leaves Kefka as the only person that's around to moderate the forum when it is most active. And of course he can't be online all the time.

So because of this, I had been thinking of finding another person to fill the void, so to say. The forums have also been rather active, so it's not like having more mods would be a bad idea. This also happened to be the time that Maestro messaged me regarding the state of the forums and volunteering to become a moderator. He had rather good views regarding the forum, so I thought why not. Of course, I had concerns regarding his persona on the forums but thought it wouldn't be that big of a deal. I discussed the matter with Kefka and Deku. Kefka disagreed, Deku agreed. Eventually I decided that he could be a good choice for a moderator. That's pretty much how it went down.

If you have any further concerns, let me know.

Also, there isn't really a quota for staff positions. I'll add more people if the situation warrants. Maestro being a moderator has no effect on the number of updaters. Ideally we would have enough updaters to process the update queue as it forms, but that requires finding the right people. Of course, considering I know nothing of arranging, you're better off discussing this with Deku instead of me.
Awesome! Thanks for letting us know! :)

King Sammer

Oh ho! What a performance! And what exotic garb you drape yourself in, challenger!