change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

NSM vs. Food

Started by Bespinben, January 26, 2015, 12:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 29, 2015, 09:02:00 PMikr

Anyway I guess pretty soon I'm going to try b-dub's spiciest wings challenge then post the results here L:

Meh they're not the worst but they aren't pleasant.  Not really a worthwhile experience imo.  Also going out is much worse than going in.

me irl
[close]

Jub3r7

I tried to make myself a peanut butter sandwich, but I destroyed the bread instead of cutting it in half! :(

Instead, I mixed the peanut butter and (peach+rosemary) jam in a bowl and scoop it on/dip the bread as I go!

food 0, jub 1
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

BlackDragonSlayer

Jub3r7, Master of Food, I await your future culinary conquests.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Xaoz

Quote from: Jub3r7 on February 09, 2015, 11:26:27 PMI tried to make myself a peanut butter sandwich, but I destroyed the bread instead of cutting it in half! :(

Spoiler
[close]

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

mikey

RutoRadar: someone stole a Simpsons GIF
unmotivated

Jub3r7

so, I've decided I really like noodles.

I don't really cook noodles except with instant mac and instant noodle soup, so I've been experimenting.
I heard of "Al Dente" pasta due to a certain steven universe song, apparently they're slightly undercooked so as to be slightly more firm than usual.

The easy mac instructions say three to three and a half minutes in the microwave, but I've been able to reduce it to 1 and a half minutes and still enjoy it. The firm macaroni might not be for everyone, but I like it.

Due to the nature of instant noodle soup, the only way you can achieve al dente is by putting in the noodles after boiling the water and turning off the heat; otherwise, they end up cooking fast enough that it's hard to tell the difference. The leftover heat will still cook the noodles to softness over time, just less so.

Food: 1, Jub: 3
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Bubbles

Ramen tastes great al dente if you put the raw block (and powder if you want) in a bowl with water  and microwave it for 5 min. I like it so much I can't eat normal fully cooked instant noodles anymore haha

Waddle Bro

shoutouts Ruto treating me to my first ramen :]

BlackDragonSlayer

Instant Noodles? They're better dry.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 30, 2016, 02:49:47 PMInstant Noodles? They're better dry.

this guy right here this guy
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Xaoz on February 10, 2015, 07:56:30 AM
Spoiler
[close]
This is me. But can you blame me? I like spicy cereal!  :P XD
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Ruto

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 30, 2016, 02:44:35 PMshoutouts Ruto treating me to my first ramen :]

Glad you liked it :DDDDD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

mikey

how has waddle bro never eaten ramen before
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

He's waddle bro not noodle bro
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Waddle Bro

>when you assume ramen is common everywhere