News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

NSM vs. Food

Started by Bespinben, January 26, 2015, 12:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

To help offset the wave of self-consciousness being produced by the newly released "Eating Healthier" thread, I challenge all of you to post your crazy food challenge attempts, that we may boast of our unrivaled metabolisms.

Hard to believe this was 2 years ago. There's a neo-50's diner in North Carolina called "Andy's" (now being re-branded as Highway 55), that has a burger challenge in which you have to eat a 50 oz. burger (approx. 3 & 1/4 lbs) with large fries and drink in under 30 minutes. If you win, it's free. If you lose, say farewell to $30.

In some locations, if you win, they let you sign your name on a poster. (Yes, I did this multiple times :P)

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

blueflower999

This is ridiculously impressive. I could never eat anything like this.  :o
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Xaoz

Quote from: Bespinben on January 26, 2015, 12:33:20 PM(...)burger challenge in which you have to eat a 50 oz. burger (approx. 3 & 1/4 lbs) with large fries and drink in under 30 minutes.(...)

I think I could do that, but I really would not want to :D But seriously... I can eat a lot...

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

Jub3r7

Sometimes I'm really hungry early in the morning but I'm too lazy to prepare something as simple as easy mac... which is just add water, microwave 3 1/2 minutes, stir in cheese sauce.

so instead i just ate oreos and drank water, staying up to around 5 in the morning watching guardians of the galaxy for the 1st time on dvd

are those pictures in the first post not loading for anyone else or just me???
edit: they are suddenly working
edit2: but only one of them, the second picture
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

ZeldaFan

Oh wow... If I got that meal, that would supply me with food for about 2.5 days :P

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Ruto

Hmm I think I could eat that heart attack sandwich you have there, but I just can't eat that much beef without enough bread or mushrooms with it. However IF I did add the balance of bread and mushrooms, it would be more than two plates...

$30 isn't too bad for a burger and fries :P If I buy $2 of bread from the store, I can make it into FIVE burgers.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Ruto on January 26, 2015, 02:31:31 PM$30 isn't too bad for a burger and fries :P If I buy $2 of bread from the store, I can make it into FIVE burgers.
really? D: around here a super-amazing gourmet burger is like maybe $13. cost of living is crazy, yo.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

BlackDragonSlayer

I've never really been interested in trying any of those speed-eating challenges.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Ruto

A double burger in Five Guys is already $6.50, a single burger in Shake Shack is $4.15? I don't order hamburgers at bars often but the last time I went, it was at least $10. For an average burger with average ingredients, such as ordinary lettuce and factory farmed meat. Shake Shack probably justified their recent price hike by using grass-fed cows for beef, but I think Five Guys beef is also grass fed. EH.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 26, 2015, 02:53:09 PMI've never really been interested in trying any of those speed-eating challenges.

Yeah I would just throw up.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

DrP

In-n-out used to let you go unlimited, but because of California's food initiatives, you can only get a 30x30 (30 patties and 30 slices of cheese).

I wish my body understood my metabolism and actually got with the program, but I'm not sure what is happening now.

(Also, This could probably merge with the other food topic we have)

mikey

I think I like this thread
unmotivated

Xaoz

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 27, 2015, 02:15:35 PMI think I like this thread

Your talent to kill a thread never fails to amaze me.

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

mikey

Quote from: Xaoz on January 29, 2015, 05:13:13 PMYour talent to kill a thread never fails to amaze me.
ikr

Anyway I guess pretty soon I'm going to try b-dub's spiciest wings challenge then post the results here L:
unmotivated

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

that may be the results
unmotivated