NSM Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Nocturne's Game Reviews- for when he's bored  (Read 2217 times)

Olimar12345

• The Captain
  • Updater
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile
Re: Nocturne's Game Reviews- for when he's bored
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2017, 05:34:15 PM »

I mean it was the first account of his existence before the beast form.

NocturneOfShadow

• Nintendo Nocturne
  • This is Halloween
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2017, 05:38:02 PM »

Yes but not canonically
time for a splatfest! Christmas vs Halloween!

only Christmas sucks so Halloween wins by default

SlowPokemon

• Nintendo Nocturne
  • GRAAAAAHH
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2017, 10:03:37 PM »

Where is Majora/Skull Kid
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

NocturneOfShadow

• Nintendo Nocturne
  • This is Halloween
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2017, 10:23:53 PM »

If I took out shopkeeper him or shadow link would probably exist on here

mastersuperfan

• Flashman Funk
  • Resident Something
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2017, 10:34:34 PM »

Shopkeeper [link's awakening]

He taught me a valuable lesson as a kid.
[close]

Should be #1
there's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
The difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Dudeman

• NSM's Least Active Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Resident Rip Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2017, 10:41:41 PM »

All Hail Lkjhgfdsa_77

[close]

NocturneOfShadow

• Nintendo Nocturne
  • This is Halloween
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2017, 02:12:35 AM »

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
More Rails Than Spirit Tracks

I make this record now, that posterity may know of the great battle between the Hero and the Demon; yet as I am weary with battle already I must rest and regain my strength.  Despite the precarious situation I find myself in, I can't help but enjoy a cruel irony- if I fail, none will be left to witness.  I must defeat Demise, for this land, for Skyloft, and for the people who call it home.  For... Zelda...

Story- 7/7
Zelda games rarely need a well thought out story to be a home run, yet Skyward Sword has one of the best in the series.  From the idyllic school days on skyloft to chasing after a friend to realizing your part to play in the grand scheme of things, the raw story is a classic one.

In a discussion of which Zelda storylines would make the best movies, skyward sword is certainly a contender.  I like how important the character relationships and conflict are to the story, and that's a sign of success.  If there's anything the story did wrong, I'd say there's a bit of tension between the natural urge to explore and the natural urge to further the story, and there's not really a good marker where you can set the story down for a bit to explore each area to the fullest.  That's not much of an issue though as you naturally revisit older areas as part of the story, making backtracking organic and less of a chore.
[close]
Character Development-7/7
I just love the characters in skyward sword.  Groose and his henchmen, link and Zelda themselves, many other less-than-side characters- they all progress throughout the game in a way that leaves you legitimately attached to them and interested in what they're up to.  Pippit and Fledge are good examples of this.

There are also several character dynamics and relationships that change, especially in the realm of characters' interactions with link.  A big part of this may be from the gratitude crystals, a sidequest award that leaves you feeling pretty empty until you see the sweet rewards in exchange for those crystals.  Doesn't helping people feel great?
[close]

Reward Factor-4/7
While the battles themselves are very rewarding to partake in, the puzzles are middling headscratchers that sometimes are too simple and sometimes cause no end of grief because you overlooked a single detail.  A few of the more challenging ones can also be trivialized with a basic reading ability.  Not one of the game's strong points here, but the journey is where the fun's at in this case.
[close]
Art-6/7
So, apparently skyward sword is in 480p, a result of being on the back end of the Wii.  That being said, the art style meshes so well that after about 10 minutes of playing I couldn't even account for the lower resolution anymore.  Very well done here, and I think the art will help make this one of the timeless entries in the series.
[close]

Music-7/7
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Everything is perfect
[close]

Gameplay-7/7
Thank you for the most fun I have ever had wielding a bow.  Seriously.  Maybe I'm just a sucker for wiimote nunchuk controls, but they hit a sweet spot and skyward sword utilized gameplay to the max.  Tons of fun unique items that stayed strangely relevant throughout the game.  Also, skyward sword did something very few games do.  The final battle with ghirahim brought a smile to my face.  It was just plain fun.  Difficulty level a non-factor, skyward sword has the most individual fun battles I've ever seen in a game and I think that goes unsaid a lot.  I battled demise before writing this, but only had like 3 or 4 hearts and didn't make it past the lightning stage.  It was a more fun battle than I remember, but it's ruined by just being worse than the battle immediately preceding it.
[close]

Overall-38/42 (did I count wrong?  That seems high...)

Maybe I didn't play it enough in large bursts to pick up on what others dislike about it, because I enjoyed the ride.  Top 5 Zelda games of all time, and I found myself comparing it to wind waker a lot, which is a good thing.  At some point I'll review the behemoth itself, and I think it deserves a perfect score.

This has been a mobile review.

SlowPokemon

• Nintendo Nocturne
  • GRAAAAAHH
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2017, 02:18:56 AM »

I have to say, I definitely agree with you on one thing: this is the best looking Wii game by a long shot. At times I even almost forgot I was playing a Wii game, as I said in my own review.
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 22 queries.