Latios212's Arrangements - NEW! Pokémon X/Y, Atelier Sophie (3/9/24)

Started by Latios212, January 21, 2015, 06:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version
NEW!   Accumula Town (Duet)[MUS][Original] 

Relatively simple piece from B/W, yet still one of my favorites. I lowered the melody in the B section to avoid collision with the higher piano countermelody (raising it still resulted in collision, and I like the contrast this makes with placing the melody higher in the A section). This causes it to get uncomfortably close to the RH of the second part in some places, however, which might be worth having another thought at another time.

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

AmpharosAndy

This piece is awesome! Very good job with notes and such but ack it's nasty to squeeze onto one piano... I would recommend solutions but it wouldn't be anything you haven't tried or considered already. I'll definitely be doing this with braix when she's alive again in summer or trying to do it at least. 
innit

Latios212

Thanks! Generally I avoid writing for two pianos if at all possible because of the impracticalities of finding a place to perform in person. Here maybe it's not optimal yet, but I wouldn't call it "nasty"... there are only a few places where person 1's LH part collides with person 2's RH part. The A section fits perfectly as a duet, and there are only a few measures in the B section that have those collisions. The melody is just single notes so person 1 could just play the notes further from the edge of the keys while holding their hand somewhat vertically to avoid hand collisions with person 2, with person 2 eliminating some of the notes that would cause interference with the melody.

Of course, that's all speculative since I haven't actually tried to play this with anyone yet, and probably in part due to laziness and not wanting to move anything around. If you plan on doing this with braix, collisions won't be a problem so feel free to ask for a slightly different version that has parts in their original octave (I went through a direct transcription before moving things around a bit for a duet).

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Autumn can't come soon enough. Then maybe you'll remove your avatar.

LeviR.star

This site needs more Kirby GB sheets like this...
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Pianoth

Nice arrangement, although I don't fully agree with what you did in m11, and I would put staccato on the 16ths in the last bars, like you did in the first bars.

Latios212

Quote from: Pianoth on April 02, 2017, 01:15:15 PMNice arrangement, although I don't fully agree with what you did in m11, and I would put staccato on the 16ths in the last bars, like you did in the first bars.
Thanks! Yeah I forgot to add staccatos at the end, will do that when I get the chance. What would you change about m. 11?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Pokémon HeartGold Version & Pokémon SoulSilver Version
NEW!   Goldenrod City[MUS][Original] 

Here's Goldenrod! I love the way it was re-imagined for the remake. I should get around to submitting my HG/SS sheets...

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianoth

I hear a couple acciaccaturas missing: the one in m17 seems to be a double acciaccatura but that may as well be a simplified version so it's fine, there's one in m27, m29, m35 (which is like m33), and m37.

Latios212

I went on a Breath of the Wild arranging spree this past week, arranging one new sheet each day. So as not to burn through all my material, I won't post them all at once, but for the sake of letting you know which ones I've completed (and intend to put on site) here are the tracks I've done:

Revali's Theme
Teba's Theme
Mipha's Theme
Great Fairy Fountain
Kass's Theme (Full)
Captured Memories
Field (Day)

And without further ado, here are the first two related ones.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
NEW!   Revali's Theme[MUS][Original] 
NEW!   Teba's Theme[MUS][Original] 

Quote from: Pianoth on April 12, 2017, 02:26:20 PMI hear a couple acciaccaturas missing: the one in m17 seems to be a double acciaccatura but that may as well be a simplified version so it's fine, there's one in m27, m29, m35 (which is like m33), and m37.
Thank you for the fixes! I will go update that file soon.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

For my 150th sheet! Great piece, fun to find the musical similarities between this and Sidon's theme.

NEW!   Mipha's Theme[MUS][Original] 

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Next up, polyrhythms...

NEW!   Great Fairy Fountain[MUS][Original] 

Also this replacement.

Donkey Kong Country
NEW!   Cranky's Theme[MUS][Original] 

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

NEW!   Kass's Theme (Full)[MUS][Original] 

Wrote out the rest of Kass's Theme, which seems to be an instant Kass-ic classic. This one I've played myself quite a bit and it's really fun (and not hard) to play; please do try! (PDF is in the sheet music video description.)

I've also added "Lost in Thoughts All Alone" from Fire Emblem Fates, a collab with Maelstrom that was finished last week. It's very long.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Onionleaf

Ooh, I was wondering when an arrangement for Kass' Theme would land on NSM. :) It is now saved to my collection & will be printed soon - thanks!