Wifi...

Started by sonic130, February 25, 2008, 09:27:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonic130

K, for wifi, I'm using a wireless-G broadband router. It's a Linksys. The router is downstairs, and my wii is upstairs, so I get a lot of lag. Does anyone know what would be a good router, or a wifi adapter that won't give me any lag?

razer84

Quote from: sonic130 on February 25, 2008, 09:27:33 AMK, for wifi, I'm using a wireless-G broadband router. It's a Linksys. The router is downstairs, and my wii is upstairs, so I get a lot of lag. Does anyone know what would be a good router, or a wifi adapter that won't give me any lag?

i use an Actiontec MI424WR, and i never lag. it might be because the router is in the room next to the room with my Wii and/or because i have a fiber optics internet connection.

damn commies.

sonic130

i use an Actiontec MI424WR, and i never lag. it might be because the router is in the room next to the room with my Wii and/or because i have a fiber optics internet connection.
[/quote]

Hmm... an Actiontec MI424WR. What's that? Is it a router, or an adapter? And how much would it cost?

razer84

it's a router, and it would probably retail at the normal router price, whatever that is. (i don't know because the telephone company gave it to us free in our internet/TV/phone bundle)

damn commies.

Mike

A router can't make you lag unless it's a very old model from the times they first released wireless routers. The problem is most likely your internet connection itself.

Akiro

Quote from: Mike on February 25, 2008, 03:45:04 PMA router can't make you lag unless it's a very old model from the times they first released wireless routers. The problem is most likely your internet connection itself.
Couldn't of said it better...surprisingly...

PianoMasta7

I havent pleyed my DS in YEARS...

KefkaticFanatic

It would be a pain in the ass, but you could probably speed up the connection a ton by wiring it.  Otherwise, you could get one of those gaming routers that gives priority to games.

----------------
Listening to: A13
via FoxyTunes

me irl
[close]

sonic130

Quote from: gamer4251 on February 25, 2008, 05:39:08 PMIt would be a pain in the ass, but you could probably speed up the connection a ton by wiring it.  Otherwise, you could get one of those gaming routers that gives priority to games.

----------------
Listening to: A13
via FoxyTunes

That's a good Idea. A gaming router. Are they sold at stores like future shop? Oh, and I tried my wifi again today, and it's working fine now. I think it was how far away the people I was playing were. Another weird thing a couple days ago was that I got a lot of  4 star connections on mario strikers charged, but I couldn't even play the game because of the lag. What does that mean? The 4 star connection is my internet right? But why does it lag???

Shiny Boy

I'm using a LINKSYS router for a DSL modem. I have a relatively open house, but in any case, the router can feed both my Wii and laptop fine from downstairs. I get an average of three-bar signal strength, which works fine for downloading stuff.
By the way...is the Wii Shop Channel reaaaaaaally slow for anyone else? I mean whenever you do anything, does it load for a seemingly ridiculously long time? Because everything else runs just fine.
Bow to me, for I am...Shiny Boy!

sonic130

Quote from: Silence of Darkness on February 27, 2008, 06:21:27 PMI'm using a LINKSYS router for a DSL modem. I have a relatively open house, but in any case, the router can feed both my Wii and laptop fine from downstairs. I get an average of three-bar signal strength, which works fine for downloading stuff.
By the way...is the Wii Shop Channel reaaaaaaally slow for anyone else? I mean whenever you do anything, does it load for a seemingly ridiculously long time? Because everything else runs just fine.

Whoa, your lucky. I can only get a 2 bar signal. And for the wii shop channel, yes it runs slow for me too. I'm not sure what makes it take so long.

Shiny Boy

Good, I'm not the only one. It's weird how random internet functions don't work well. Like school websites.
Bow to me, for I am...Shiny Boy!