News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The legend Zelda - Symphony of the goddesses

Started by Xaoz, January 11, 2015, 02:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xaoz

Quote from: Roz~ on January 16, 2015, 08:10:27 PMWelllllll I can tell you that it's better than the Pokemon show. At least I enjoyed it more. I think it's worth it if you're a big fan of the series. Last time my husband came along and he enjoyed it even though he had no idea what the music was :D

Wait... You mean there are people that are actually no fans of the zelda-series?!

+1 for your husband.

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

ZeldaFan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 11, 2015, 05:43:48 AMThey came to a theater pretty close to me once but tickets were between 1-200 dollars so I couldn't go
Depends on the venue... The place in Austin, TX is only $20 but it apparently goes up to $166 in Atlanta, GA.
Wonder how much the show in Vegas will be... That's the show I'm going to :)

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

McDucky

Totes hyped  8) 
In Stockholm it's $43 to $104 according to Google's currency converter

Maelstrom

Xaoz

macfan406

Quote from: stellarlights24 on January 16, 2015, 12:05:24 PMI actually saw their concert in Baltimore Meyerhoff Symphony Hall. I absolutely LOVED it. Marin Alsop (the conductor of the BSO) was fantastic and she seemed to really enjoy conducting that music! Makes me happy to see a famous conductor enjoy video game music!

I'm afraid up until the current tour they've toured conductors. You likely saw Susie Benchasil Seiter conducting (dark haired). She was a big fan of Marin Alsop so that might have come up in her spiel. If it was a blonde woman you would have seen Eimear Noone, who was the tour's original conductor. Both are fantastic. Susie is now conducting the Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions concerts to which I was so graciously offered to be at a rehearsal for, and I even got to sit with Chad and another student from my area and peruse the score while the PSO was rehearsing.

The premiere in Nashville saw the use for the first time in the show's history of hometown conductors, and the NSO's assistant conductor led the orchestra and chorus. Unfortunately I will likely not be attending when it returns to Pittsburgh, as I am somewhat friends with Jeron and Chad and I'm a little disappointed at how things shook down with that tour. Musicians and video editors have a right to their material, and sadly those rights appear to have been infringed by the production company now touring SotG, using Chad's and Jeron's concept and material without their permission. As a musician myself I would be angered if someone tried to perform my material without my permission.
Conductor, Orchestrator, Arranger, Copyist
Orchestrator and Conductor of PK Symphony

McDucky

Quote from: macfan406 on January 30, 2015, 01:54:18 AMI'm afraid up until the current tour they've toured conductors.

Since this appears to be your first post here: Welcome!  :D (Or if you singed up just to post this, "Hello  :)")

macfan406

I plan on being fairly active as I am a musician and more importantly a VGM fan. I've done transcriptions from Symphony of the Goddesses and am currently working on some from Symphonic Evolutions. Namely the ones that have the digital renderings on YouTube already. 
Conductor, Orchestrator, Arranger, Copyist
Orchestrator and Conductor of PK Symphony

Maelstrom

That Majora's Mask part is so awesome.
And in 4K

Magic Mole

I don't know if I've ever gotten a more pleasant surprise than when I found the Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Symphony CD thingy inside the case with Skyward Sword a few years ago. I'm not sure what I've logged more hours into, the game or the CD...

Xaoz

Quote from: Magic Mole on February 22, 2015, 05:44:36 PMI don't know if I've ever gotten a more pleasant surprise than when I found the Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Symphony CD thingy inside the case with Skyward Sword a few years ago. I'm not sure what I've logged more hours into, the game or the CD...

Indeed, the CD is pretty awesome. Hope this tour will be even awesomererer!

Maelstrom

I just wish they would sell a DVD/CD combo. I would buy that in an instant.

ZeldaFan

Well they finally have tickets for sale at the Venetian in Las Vegas... But the cheapest one is $73 :-\ Dammit. Better start saving.

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D