[DELETED] [Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Flooded Faron Woods" by Magic Mole

Started by Zeta, January 04, 2015, 10:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Flooded Faron Woods
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Magic Mole

Magic Mole

If anybody has the time to give this a look, I would love to hear any feedback/criticism. :)

The Deku Trombonist

Hmmm...I'm not entirely sure what to say. It's not bad or anything, it's just so sparse and so heavily reliant on the difference in timbres of various instruments. And making that work on piano is kinda hard. I think the bits that stick out the most are when the melody ducks under the harmony (for example bar 11 and bar 20). Even places like bar 9, where the chord comes in on the note the melody was it immediately prior can sound a bit iffy but I'm not sure much can be done about that.

Does anyone else have any thoughts?

Also, this needs measure numbers and our new URL.

Magic Mole

Thanks so much for the feedback! :D
Yeah, I know what you mean with the whole melody/harmony thing. I'm really inexperienced (this is my first arrangement) so I figured I'd just leave in those notes in until I heard from somebody with more experience in the matter. Some of the chords should probably just be removed, although it would sound kind of empty, but there's no point in keeping them if they sound weird/aren't playable.
I'll fix the URL right now, but I can't do the measure numbers since I'm using Notepad. :P

Edit: The PDF and MUS files have been edited and should contain the new url now.

Bespinben

Archived for inactivity. Good attempt, for a first arrangement. Team Updater feels that despite the fundamental challenges to arranging this song, the voices could have been arranged in a more pianistic fashion that would prevent much of the notational clutter in the present sheet.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday