News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

NinSheetMelee: NSM's SSB4 tournament

Started by Jamaha, December 30, 2014, 07:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 30, 2014, 02:47:52 PMshould we just do omega modes
I hate dying to stage hazards
We'll probably just allow all omega stages and all stages without hazards. e.g. Battlefield, Mario Galaxy, Animal Crossing whatever, etc.

Pit0010

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

blueflower999

I'll play! Wii U only though because my 3DS's controls are unreliable.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

fingerz

I would, but I don't have internet whenever I'd like, so yeah... Maybe some point down the track, like within the next 10 years... XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Jamaha

Added a stage list. Discuss.

As for selecting the stage, ideally it would be random for first match and then the loser of the previous match selects the next stage. But apparently the only option for stage select in SSBU is having both players choose and then select randomly from those. Having both players select the random stage doesn't really work as there isn't an option to verify that the selected stage actually was randomly selected.

So for the first match we can either select a neutral starting stage that is used in all sets, which both players then select. Alternatively I can randomly select a stage for each matchup. As for the followup matches, the losing player needs to inform the other player on their choice (via the game's voice chat or through other means) so that both players can select the stage.

Or we can come up with some other solution. Unless I'm overthinking this whole thing?

MaestroUGC

You're overthinking it, just randomize whatever stages we choose.

Personally I'm not a fan of banning stages, but I suppose I'm outvoted in that regard.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Nebbles

Just do a randomized omega stage. There ya go.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Echo

I'd go with Battlefield for the starter.

Anyways, I'm in for 3DS.

KefkaticFanatic

Yea nothing but FD is not good lol, we can just add in the other good stages like delfino, battlefield, yoshis island, etc

me irl
[close]

FireArrow

Yugi

FierceDeity

I'm in, 3DS

also hahahaha it took me a second to realize what FD was referring to and i was like
i wasn't even involved here guys cmon

Though to be fair, I am one of those people who prefers relatively few stages other than final destination/omega form, at least for tournament setups (dynamic stage hazards are a bit silly for competitive play)

mikey

unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: Yugi on January 01, 2015, 05:55:11 PMhttp://www.eventhubs.com/tiers/ssb4/

I thought this might be a help.

The only character that should be banned is mario when I pick olimar.