News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

NinSheetMelee: NSM's SSB4 tournament

Started by Jamaha, December 30, 2014, 07:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamaha

Let's get ready to rumble! NinSheetMusic's first Super Smash Bros tournament is about to begin!

The games played are Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and/or Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, assuming enough players are found for each game.

Bracket

Wii U
[close]

3DS
[close]

Rules

Items are set to off.

All characters are available, with the exception of Mii Figher.

No customizations.

Each set is played as a best of three.

All the matches in a set are 3-stock 8-minute matches

If the time runs out, the player with most stocks remaining wins. If stocks are tied, the player with less damage is the winner. No sudden death.

The first match is played on Battlefield. The second match is played on a stage chosen by the loser of the first match. The possible third match is played on a stage selected by the loser of the second match. The stages are chosen from the list below.

Alternatively, the players can come up with another method for choosing the stages, assuming both players agree with the method.

The tournament is played using a double elimination format, meaning that a player is eliminated after two losses. Therefore everyone gets at least two sets. After losing a set, a player is placed in the losers' bracket. The winners of the winners' bracket and losers' bracket then face each other in the grand finals. The losers' bracket winner must win two sets against the winners' bracket winner to become the champion.

After completing a set, one of the players of the set should report the results of the match in this topic. The post should include the character(s) used and the result of the set, using for example the following formatting:

Jamaha (Mario, Dr. Mario) 2
DekuTrombonist (Luigi) 1

Feel free to include any interesting comments so we spectators can pretend we saw the match. You may then proceed to the next set at your own pace, assuming the matchup has already been formed in the bracket.

Available stages

Wii U

Battlefield
Final Destination (and Omega forms)
Delfino Plaza
Kongo Jungle (64)
Skyloft
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Town and City
Smashville
Duck Hunt
Pilotwings
Wuhu Island
Windy Hill Zone

3DS

Battlefield
Final Destination (and Omega forms)
Yoshi's Island
Prism Tower
Arena Ferox
Tomodachi Life

Schedule

Sign up for the tournament by posting in this topic, explicitly mentioning in which game(s) you want to participate. Make sure you have your NNID (for Wii U tournament) or friend code (for 3DS) in your forum profile.
The deadline for signups is January 2nd OVER.

As the number of matches and people's schedules most likely differ the tournament will be organized over several days. Whenever a new matchup is generated, said people then have 48 hours to play that match and report the result. The tournament ends once all matches have been played (duh).

Prizes

Fun and glory. Possibly something special for the champion to wear in their forum profile.

Participants

Wii U
Jamaha
Maelstrom
Waddle Bro
Nebbles
MaestroUGC
Dude
NocturneofShadow
K-NiGht
Dudeman
Pit0010
blueflower999

3DS
Jamaha
Dude
KefkaticFanatic
FireArrow
Echo
FierceDeity
davy

Maelstrom

I'm in, but only for the Wii U version.
I would like to ban Diddy Kong.

Waddle Bro

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

DrP

I wish I could join, but I don't have SSB for Wii U or 3DS.

I can help with brackets and behind the scenes stuff, though!

Dude

Sebastian

Hey Jamaha, I like this idea but......could we do it for Mario Kart 8 too? :)

mikey

Wii for me.  Ban shulk or at least his stupid blue thing
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

Wii U for me, but if I don't have an ethernet adapter I won't be able to participate. I'll let you know.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Maelstrom

KefkaticFanatic

I wont win but I'll play 3DS for funsies assuming we can get non laggy games going :x

I would say no Mii and no custom character would be a good standard ruleset to adopt.  We should also pick a map pool since nothing but FD is actually not that gud.

me irl
[close]

Jamaha

Yeah, no Miis and no customizations probably simplifies it. No other character bans.

And yeah, I'll come up with a stage list. Try to figure out the fair stages while still getting some variety. For Glory stagelist ("list") is dumb.

mikey

should we just do omega modes
I hate dying to stage hazards
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 30, 2014, 11:19:18 AMBan shulk or at least his stupid blue thing
Hey, would you stop being so sore over that?

IN. WiiU.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book