News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

[MUL] Shovel Knight - "Waltz of the Troupple King" by Don Valentino

Started by Zeta, December 20, 2014, 12:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Shovel Knight
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Waltz of the Troupple King
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Don Valentino

[attachment deleted by admin]

DonValentino

Maelstrom

The Deku Trombonist

Bespinben

That was a fun song to listen to! Thanks for the arrangement. I do like me some chiptune :)

While I may lack the ability to read Deku's mind, I do have one thought:
*Measure 35 - I'm assuming the arpeggiation in the RH is to accommodate the stretch between the melody E in layer 1 below and the first G# a tenth above it in layer 2? That said, I'm assuming the sustaining of the melody E is to done via the sustain pedal momentarily, which, if so, makes it impossible to play the rest of the notes staccato in that measure, and the following measure for that matter. I guess I'm just saying to be consistent with your performance directions and your articulations.

Fix that, and this is ready to go imo.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

DonValentino

Yes, well, the initial intention was to notate it as accurately as possible regarding note lengths, then leaving the mode of execution to the player. But I do agree that it wouldn't hurt to just simplify it, at that tempo it's not very noticeable after all. In other words... I cut the E so the staccatos and the next measure can be played more easily and better overall, so fixed.

And thank you, glad you liked it! ;)

The Deku Trombonist

This is from the old version. I fixed up some of the chords but I got a bit lazy because it was super tedious :P

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84117653/Assistance/Shovel%20Knight%20-%20Waltz%20of%20the%20Troupple%20King.mus

I've fixed/looked over in detail bars: 1-6, 9-13, 17-24

Hopefully posting will motivate me to keep going.

DonValentino

Aw, c'mon, I saw this was accepted lol xD

Anyways... Yes, I'll also check the chords again. Thank you~

K-NiGhT

I didn't even think of doing shovel knight music! We should do an Arrangement Project, Don! I love this game <3
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

DonValentino

Quote from: K-NiGhT on February 14, 2015, 12:19:12 PMI didn't even think of doing shovel knight music! We should do an Arrangement Project, Don! I love this game <3

Yeah, we could! I like it very much too. :J

Truth is I've been wanting to do Pridemoor Keep and some more for quite some time now...

Sebastian

Quote from: K-NiGhT on February 14, 2015, 12:19:12 PMWe should do an Arrangement Project, Don! I love this game <3
Yeah, we should!
If we can get Paper Mario finished though .....

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot