[3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire - "Trainers' Eyes Meet (Poké Fan)" by Tangy

Started by Zeta, December 20, 2014, 11:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokemon
Game: Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Trainers' Eyes Meet (Poké Fan)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Tangy

[attachment deleted by admin]

Olimar12345

-I'm seeing that in the OST listed as "Trainers' Eyes Meet (Poké Fan)" (Disc 4, track 24). OST titles are preferred.

-The line for the composers name can be made one line and will look nicer that way. Just put it lower than the subtitle to avoid their collision. With half a page of music, you have plenty of room to spare.

I'll post more later, once I'm done procrastinating xD
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Tangy

Yeah, that's the title I had originally but I was trying to keep it in line with the other sheets in the pokemon section which are titled in that format ("Girl Trainer Confrontation", "Pokémaniac Encounter"). Changed it back, but just an FYI I guess?

Is the title OK now? I had to fiddle with the staves so that the composer could be on one line without squishing everything else to the top of the page, but as you said there was lots of room so hopefully that's alright.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Tangy on December 20, 2014, 04:41:01 PMYeah, that's the title I had originally but I was trying to keep it in line with the other sheets in the pokemon section which are titled in that format ("Girl Trainer Confrontation", "Pokémaniac Encounter"). Changed it back, but just an FYI I guess?

They're probably older arrangements. This will have to be adjusted as we get replacement arrangements.

Quote from: Tangy on December 20, 2014, 04:41:01 PMIs the title OK now? I had to fiddle with the staves so that the composer could be on one line without squishing everything else to the top of the page, but as you said there was lots of room so hopefully that's alright.

Formatting looks all good now! ^^ now onto the music:

If you make these changes in order, it'll make the most sense.

-I think the figures in measures 2 & 4 (RH) would look nicer if they were notated the way you did it in measure 6 (everything in one layer). Not to mention there are duplicate notes in the pick-ups in layer 2.

-Change the pitches of what are the current red notes in measure 2 to F - G - Bb, and measure 4 to F# - Bb - C.

-Add a D below the Bb in the RH in measures 1, 3, and 5 (octave).

-The eighth notes in the LH in measure 2 should be F (below the staff) up to G then back to F. Make this exact change again in measure 4, but put it up an octave (in the staff).

-In measure 6 (LH) make that quarter note an eighth note, then add the following three eighth notes: G (repeated) A B

-Change the dotted quarter note in measure 7 (LH) up a whole step (F C instead of Eb Bb).

-Add a lower D to the last Bb eighth note in measure 7 (RH)

-Move all of the Bb's in measure 8 down to F's, an d the C down to a G (octaves)

-Add staccato marks to all of the F's in measure 8

-The tenuto mark and accent are colliding in measure 6, separate them.

-Add a staccato mark to the last eighth note in measure 6 (RH), then adjust the slur so that it ends there.

-Remove the first staccato mark in measure 7 (RH) and slur that note to the next.

aaand I think that's everything! If you just want to change the MUS file while we're going over it, that's cool. You can add all three files once we get it done. No need to be constantly uploading files we aren't using d:
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

And thanks again for the YouTube link! It makes it faster for me, plus we're both on the same page as to which arrangement you're doing! :D 

The Deku Trombonist

There's a combination accent+tenuto articulation which should take care of the clashing for you automatically.

Olimar12345

^ I don't think it's an option for lower finale users, like notepad.

Tangy

Alrighty:

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 20, 2014, 05:36:45 PM-I think the figures in measures 2 & 4 (RH) would look nicer if they were notated the way you did it in measure 6 (everything in one layer). Not to mention there are duplicate notes in the pick-ups in layer 2.

Well... I tried to change it, but I think it looks messier. >_> I could just have it in two layers and hide the rests? Unless this wasn't what you had in mind?

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 20, 2014, 05:36:45 PM-Add a D below the Bb in the RH in measures 1, 3, and 5 (octave).

Sounds fine in measure 1, but it clashes with that Eb chord in the LH in measure 3. In measure 5 I'm assuming you mean below the D?

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 20, 2014, 05:36:45 PM-The eighth notes in the LH in measure 2 should be F (below the staff) up to G then back to F. Make this exact change again in measure 4, but put it up an octave (in the staff).

I really struggled with these notes, so thank you. >_> Sounds weird in measure 4 because of the F# in the RH though.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 20, 2014, 05:36:45 PMaaand I think that's everything! If you just want to change the MUS file while we're going over it, that's cool. You can add all three files once we get it done. No need to be constantly uploading files we aren't using d:

Alright, thank you so much. ^__^

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 20, 2014, 05:40:34 PMAnd thanks again for the YouTube link! It makes it faster for me, plus we're both on the same page as to which arrangement you're doing! :D 

Especially helpful in cases like this, where the title might not be 100% accurate. ^^;

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on December 20, 2014, 06:14:06 PMThere's a combination accent+tenuto articulation which should take care of the clashing for you automatically.

Didn't notice that! I changed all of the accent + tenuto notes to have this marking instead.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 20, 2014, 06:26:32 PM^ I don't think it's an option for lower finale users, like notepad.

Idk about Notepad, but I'm using PrintMusic 2010 and it was there. ;)

Olimar12345

[This] is more along the lines of what I meant. Very close, though! I also edited it slightly, as I found a few small things I missed.

Also:

Quote from: Tangy on December 20, 2014, 07:05:01 PMSounds fine in measure 1, but it clashes with that Eb chord in the LH in measure 3. In measure 5 I'm assuming you mean below the D?

D is part of the harmony-it's an EbMaj7, which is the IV7 of that key (very standard).

Quote from: Tangy on December 20, 2014, 07:05:01 PMI really struggled with these notes, so thank you. >_> Sounds weird in measure 4 because of the F# in the RH though.

I added a courtesy accidental to clear confusion for players, but they're both there.

Tangy

Olimar12345

I's working for me. Though, it is finale 2012, so you might not be able to view it without notepad 2012...

Here's a pdf so you can see it.

Olimar12345

I went ahead and updated the links on the OP. I think this one is good to go.